Notices

a rock and a hard place

Old 02-03-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a rock and a hard place

Day six and feeling lousy. Was in a great mood the past few days, so don't know what is going on today. I know moodiness is part of the deal and I have to weather it out. Right now, my mind is going back and forth. Drink, don't drink, drink, don't drink. I'm home now so I'm in a safe place, but am a little concerned about later in the week. I don't want to have to start over again, knowing I will be back in this spot again. I'm pretty sure I'll be ok, just wanted to get this off my chest.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

You'll be fine. It'll pass. I've got ten years and am as grouchy as a mad grouchy thing today. Such is life! xxxxxx
Old 02-03-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Your moods can be expected to be up and down the first few weeks/months. But it will smooth out and become more normal again. Stay strong! You can do this.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dont know what part of the world you are in but the winter blahs dont help either!! Perhaps ice cream?!
Old 02-03-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newme2day View Post
Dont know what part of the world you are in but the winter blahs dont help either!! Perhaps ice cream?!
Been really into chocolate ice-cream with fudge lately lol!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ice cream is good. I vote for the don't drink option. Day six is early and it stinks but try to ride it out. Make plans for later in the week for the times you would most likely drink. And coming on here and getting it out really helps. And have ice cream.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Laying low today. Going to an AA meeting today. The last several meetings have been all about god, which I really don't get much out of, but being around other people with the same problem might still help. Than pick up more ice-cream and head home. Hope everybody has a good day!