Notices

How do I stop

Old 02-04-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by elisha82 View Post
Hope I make it through day 2
It's completely up to you.

"You're not ready yet" is what people tell you when they don't think the recovery method they are using will work for you. I find it unimaginative, but there is a point in it. You're either trying or you're not.

Being resolute about sobriety every day can be a challenge when the negative consequences aren't yet overwhelming - but it is 100% possible.

What are you going to do today to make sure you are resolute about sobriety tomorrow?

Hope
is essential, but I have found a plan gets better results.

Be Well!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good Morning

Okay. So I woke up for my second day without a drink and I feel good. Mainly because I don't feel guilty.
The day looks like a good set-up for a sober day...
yoga this morning
then therapy session
come home to make some gumbo
then there is a SMART meeting tonight.
I am thinking about going and checking it out. But I find that in the last couple years, I have anxiety in social situations. Even if I'm going somewhere with friends, I feel like I won't be funny enough or won't look right, or (worse than anything) will be bored. Going somewhere new is even more frightening!
I hope I don't talk myself out of going by the end of the day...
Old 02-04-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My names Erik. Im an alcoholic who tried for years to quit on my own. I couldn't do it. Same as you. I finally checked into rehab for 30 days. Ive been sober for 10 years now. The number one thing is that you have to be ready. YOU have to want it. Sounds like you do. Maybe rehab is your answer. If you cant afford it,...most states have state funding for people like us who need help. I went to rehab and the state of Michigan paid for all 30 days.....just a suggestion