Notices

New and second night of opiate wd's.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and second night of opiate wd's.

Alright well im new to the site which is probably obvious lol hopefully im posting in the correct spot.My names kyle im 23 years old and have been addicted to opiates the last 9 years which the last 2 years have been the most heavy use which is when i graduated from poping oxys and chewing fent to Iv'ing heroin.Now about two months ago i let everyone know what i was doing parents/girlfriend.And ended up getting clean for the most part with taking a few lortabs maybe once a week to finally ending up not taking anything for about a week and a half.I was feeling good and had my mind in the right spot ready for my future started doing things with school and work just trying to better my self.well thats when all took a turn for the worst and i lost everything i had worked hard for the last year.I got laid off of my job which lead to me losing my car.my x girlfriend which is 21 and has a 3 year old son(not mine but still love like hes mine) that i had been with the last two years and planed on having a family with and spending my life with i guess she got to the point of getting tired of dealing with my constant mood changes from being sick then being well then being sick.And well i guess she somehow figured out she was interested in another women (guess she got tired of men idk)well long story short i ended up losing my girl friend and her son along with my job and my car.well im now living with my parents and well all of this stuff pushed me to the point of relapsing pretty bad have been using steady everday for the last 2 and a half weeks.And well now that i have ran out of the last money i had left from my last job and seeing as i spent about a grand in the last 2 weeks.I guess my mind is starting to be back where it needs to be.im at 53 hours clean now and content on getting clean for good.But i just wanted to introduce my self and let everyone know a little bit about my situation.And as i have been going through opiate withdrawls at least once a month the worst part for me is the boredom and have trouble finding things to do to keep my mind off of bad things.Any of you gone through opiate withdrawls often?And what did you do to keep your mind busy and not completely lose it from the pure boredom and not being able to sleep?
Old 02-02-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome. Kyle!

I'm an alcoholic, and I detoxed at a facility. There's lots of threads by folks who have been where you are, though.

SoberRecovery is a great resource, and I hope to hear more from you. Have you considered going to NA meetings?
Old 02-02-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kyle - welcome

I've never gone through opiate withdrawal but I know you'll find folks here with experience

You might also like to check out our substance abuse forum as well?
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I'm glad you've found us

D
Old 02-02-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks.I have though about n/a i have a buddy i talk to every now and then who is a recovering opiate addict as well who wants me to come check one out with him.He goes to them somewhat regularly.Ive wanted to try rehab as well but i dont have the money or insurance to pay for it.thanks for the replies.