SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Phillip Seymour Hoffman (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/321560-phillip-seymour-hoffman.html)

Change4good 02-02-2014 01:22 PM

Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Apparent overdose. He was one of my favorite actors. May he rest in peace.

Be well people.

SnwFlower 02-02-2014 01:32 PM

That is so sad to hear. He was also one of my favorite actors. Such a brilliant talent and now gone at such a young age. So sad...

PurpleKnight 02-02-2014 01:35 PM

He was an amazing actor!! . . . very sad news!! :(

FreeOwl 02-02-2014 01:42 PM

I just read about this too. Goes to show; no matter how great it seems one's life may be - addiction can happen to anyone.

He had three kids. I didn't realize that.

Very sad reminder of where it can take us all....

Olive1 02-02-2014 01:48 PM

Wow.
:(

Ruby2 02-02-2014 02:10 PM

Ive been bumming out about this today. His poor family, his kids are young. Rest in peace.

LDT 02-02-2014 02:14 PM

We keep losing such great ones to addiction. What a loss. :(

Weasel1966 02-02-2014 02:17 PM

I was just reading about him. Again. A favorite.

It seems easier to see the tragedy in others we love without even knowing them.

He was really good at what he did. I will miss him.

Stay strong this day and every day. This is real.

Kevin78 02-02-2014 02:18 PM

Sad news. I had to google him. I never recognised his name.

Marcher13 02-02-2014 02:48 PM

Our public radio news mentioned that Phillip Seymour Hoffman was in recovery for 20 years prior to 2012, if this reporting is accurate we should all take very careful note. How incredibly sad.

Ncognito13 02-02-2014 03:01 PM

I was bummed when I heard. I liked him as an actor (The Master, Magnolia, Boogie Nights, etc..)

Sad when you realize he was clean for 23 years and did rehab last year.

courage2 02-02-2014 05:19 PM

Sad news. It seems like we humans are in a great hurry to waste our lives --

...we lay waste our powers;—
Little we see in Nature that is ours;
We have given our hearts away..

Strength11 02-02-2014 05:26 PM

Very sad news. He was a great actor. May he RIP.

ReadyAndAble 02-02-2014 05:56 PM

An extraordinarily talented person, and by all accounts, a kind one too. My heart goes out to his family.

milly4me 02-02-2014 06:08 PM

Just heard. So sad. There by the grace of God...

Indenial618 02-02-2014 06:27 PM

A motivational Author named Jeff Brown posted this on his Facebook page. I couldn't have said this better myself.

"I am so saddened by the loss of Philip Seymour Hoffman, whose work was a depthful marvel that never ceased to delight me. I just watched Twister, and Pirate Radio and loved how human and alight he was. So many of us live such tormented private lives, its heartbreaking. If we can just foster a reality where nobody suffers alone, where the sharing of our pains and challenges is an invited and celebrated process, where all we want to hear from the other is the truth of their lives, we can begin to end this horrifying cycle of isolation and loss. We are such a powerful species, but we are also so fragile. If we put all the energy we put into materialism and distraction into actually holding the space for each other's pain, we can turn this thing around. We need to co-create a world that pulls humanity close, that refuses to let anyone fall of the edge, that breathes individuals back to life when they lose all hope, that moves the way love makes us move. We need to prioritize the healing of the heart above all else. Rest in love, Philip Seymour Hoffman. I will remember you with tremendous regard."