Notices

Anyone like me?

Old 02-02-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I really appreciate knowing people have the same problem as me and also that some of you guys were strong enough to get out of it. It motivates me to work hard and do my best to be sober.

@Luthor same for me. I have a great family, great friends, I'm studying in university and I will probably do my MBA next fall. I don't see why I do this to myself. I don't want this to ruin my life and even make it less enjoyable as it should be.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

@Finnie Thanks for this. I binge on the weekends and holidays. I tend to feel an excess of energy a few hours before binge drinking. Like I even feel kinda violent and go to the gym or hit my punching bags for a hour or so. Though, when I'm done it's even worst and I don't listen to myself and still go on to the university parties or at a bar with friends even though I don't enjoy partying that much.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by habsfan18 View Post
@Finnie Thanks for this. I binge on the weekends and holidays. I tend to feel an excess of energy a few hours before binge drinking. Like I even feel kinda violent and go to the gym or hit my punching bags for a hour or so. Though, when I'm done it's even worst and I don't listen to myself and still go on to the university parties or at a bar with friends even though I don't enjoy partying that much.
Ya I know that powerful feeling just before you want to drink. Butterflies, tension, dry mouth, wound up. Hit the bar, couple of drinks and you are in heaven. Few more drinks you don't know what you are doing.

I think you have to be straight up honest with yourself to break the cycle. I'm not going out tonight, not under any circumstances. Once you break the havin to go out at the weekend cycle, things get easier.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finnie View Post
Ya I know that powerful feeling just before you want to drink. Butterflies, tension, dry mouth, wound up. Hit the bar, couple of drinks and you are in heaven. Few more drinks you don't know what you are doing.

I think you have to be straight up honest with yourself to break the cycle. I'm not going out tonight, not under any circumstances. Once you break the havin to go out at the weekend cycle, things get easier.
That's exactly it. Yeah that's what I'll do. I told one of my best friends today about my problem (which he kinda knew) and asked him to never offer me a drink anymore whatever happens. I don't mind him drinking just not offering me a drink. He'll help me I'm sure.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm glad you found us. You can do this and thank the stars above! It's an old cliché but you are young and now is the time to cut ties with the devil.

Welcome!
Old 02-03-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

[QUOTE=habsfan18;4446103] Anyone like me? [QUOTE]

First of all Habs, I like you.

Here is a quote from the book "Alcoholics Anonymous" (first edition),
"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking, you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic."

You can read the latest edition here. Big Book On Line - Table of Contents
Linked with the permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
Save yourself a world of hurt. Find a way to stop before things happen which cannot be repaired.

Last edited by Dee74; 02-03-2014 at 04:45 PM. Reason: AAWS copyright disclaimer
Old 02-03-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=awuh1;4448599][QUOTE=habsfan18;4446103] Anyone like me?

First of all Habs, I like you.
Haha! I meant "Is anyone like me?" My english is not so good yet. I am french canadian but I'm doing my best. Thanks for the quote and the book awuh!

@Kris Yeah I know I'm young and have a nice future in front of me. That's why I'm glad I found you and I'll do my best to stay sober!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Votre anglais est parfait C'est moi qui a de la difficulté avec la langue. Alcooliques sont de toutes formes et tailles. On dirait que l'un de nous pour moi. Nous ne sommes pas si mauvais quand nous arrivons à accepter cela.