Notices

The pendulum

Old 02-02-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Originally Posted by Tiptree View Post
I'll have what she's having too! I know by how I feel that I need to give up the sugar and caffeine to move to the next level health-wise, it's a work in progress. Is green tea ok?
No caffeine. None. No decaf either. Herbal teas.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Soy and regular milk are both fine depending on body type. There is a book if you want to learn more about how your body processes food. You can try a cleanse and then add back dairy and see the reaction to determine how you body processes. For most dairy causes inflammation and is difficult to digest. Soy is better but almond milk or coconut milk are better than Soy. Also, check if Soy is natural or if flavors are added - stay away from any flavoring.

The Perfect Gene Diet: Use Your Body's Own APO E Gene to Treat High Cholesterol, Weight Problems, Heart Disease, Alzheimer's...and More!: Pamela McDonald NP, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer Dr.: 9781401928483: Amazon.com: Books
I emphatically disagree. Almost all soy is GMO.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you obviously for the post - brilliant as always.

What I'm really fascinated by though is the ensuing diet discussion. I've been binging on sugar all weekend long. I scared myself last night when I thought to myself that the high & euphoria I was feeling after a bag (yes a bag) of gummie lifesavers felt exactly like those first few sips of alcohol.

I have a problem.

Im very cognizant of the fact that I don't want to replace one addiction with another. I'm checking your info out today, Alpha. Thank you so much!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

It sounds a lot like that whole 30. You are inspiring me to give it another go. I used it to cure the sugar addiction that came with quitting alcohol and it did. Then I got lax. It is amazing how fast your tastes change and you actually prefer the healthier foods.
Thanks AO. Another sober Sunday.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Thanks for the info everyone. What is GMO?
Is that genetically modified?
What would be best to mix with these protein powders, then?
Old 02-02-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thanks alpha!!! I am checking it out right now as I have not lost a thing yet
Old 02-08-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thought I would share an update with week 2 of the "NO" diet.

That's what DH calls it because he's dumbfounded at my results and decided to try it. No caffeine, wheat,dairy, corn, soy, alcohol.

Twelve lbs lost in 12 days. Isn't that unbelievable ?!? I haven't witnessed my metabolism fired up like this since I was 17 years old.

And I'm eating. Constantly. You have to eat every 2-3 hours while you are awake.

Is it easy peasy ? No. But it's very doable. Trust me when I say if I can do it, anyone can.

I spend an inordinate amount of time preparing, shopping, cooking. And you have to drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily. So I'm trying to parlay my frequent bathroom trips into a part time gig.

DH is down 9 lbs in 5 days. But he's a grumpy bear because, well, I guess dudes can't hang.

And I have lost inches. Serious inches. Waist, thighs, arms. This is crazy. Absolutely crazy. But it makes total sense. And it's so healthy.

On to week 3.