Notices

Two sober addicts. My anxiety about trusting him.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Two sober addicts. My anxiety about trusting him.

We are both now sober but I have anxiety and worry he's talking to old friends then I over analyze and make his feel under a microscope then we get upset and argue. It just puts us both in a horrible place.
Anyone feel the same?
Old 02-01-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My husband has been sober for 3 years after multiple withdrawal seizures that very nearly cost him his life. His rock bottom was having a seizure in front of his family at his mothers funeral. I lived in fear of him dying and for months I would scrutinise and interrogate him whenever he went out and sniff his breath and watch him like a hawk when he came home. I made myself crazy, I got sick, I drank like a fish. There is no benefit in torturing yourself. He will drink if he wants to, you have no control over what he does. Get yourself some professional help yesterday. You deserve to be well and happy. Your sobriety is your main priority. I know how crazy making the worry is but you must develop tools to let this go.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've never been in your situation but would advise you don't pressure him too much. Reminds me of an old saying: "Love will fly if held too lightly. Love will die if held too tightly. "
Old 02-01-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

but I mean I know he wants to be well and work towards living every day sober. I just let myself worry, like if it happens it happens? then ill just deal with it when it comes?