Notices

Went out last night... :(

Old 01-31-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went out last night... :(

After 25 days of being stone sober and feeling great I fell off the wagon last night. Literally an all night bender... I woke up feeling like crap and ashamed in myself. I know I'm going for another month of sobriety I just feel like I let myself down. I was really doing well, maybe I thought it was so easy. I don't know what possessed me to go out and get slammed. It's my fault and I have to deal with it.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Get right back up and start again. Make this your last day one.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You sound like me 4 days ago. The one thing that a lot of people have said on here that never clicked until this time around is "You never have to feel this way again" and thank God for that! Forgive yourself, pick yourself up and start over. Don't let one bad night turn into a bad week, month, etc...

Hang in there! You can do this
Old 01-31-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crimki View Post
After 25 days of being stone sober and feeling great I fell off the wagon last night. Literally an all night bender... I woke up feeling like crap and ashamed in myself. I know I'm going for another month of sobriety I just feel like I let myself down. I was really doing well, maybe I thought it was so easy. I don't know what possessed me to go out and get slammed. It's my fault and I have to deal with it.
Hey, no-one learns to drive without stalling the engine a few times, but each time we learn right?

Staying sober is also a learning process Xx
Old 01-31-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Learn what you need to learn from the experience and move on.

You can do this!
Old 01-31-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're not alone. I never knew what possessed me to get blasted after a period of sobriety either.
Now I know. I'm an alcoholic and I can't drink in moderation. At all, for that matter.
It took a while to figure out. I joined here six years ago (under a different name) and have been sober for three years. Guess I didn't get it for awhile. But, I learned a lot. Like walking through the doors of AA. There were other people just like me. I never knew that.
Thought I was unique.

You had 25 days and that's great. You can do it again. Hopefully longer. Who knows? That may have been your last bender.
Just remember how you feel now next time you feel like drinking. That's what saves me. I can still lucidly recall those horrible days after.

Best to you and don't be too hard on yourself.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it back Crimki

D
Old 01-31-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crimki View Post
I had one beer the other day and it really pissed me off. I was in a similar situation... It was easy being sober and that craving just hit me like a truck.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I've done it too Crimki. I tried not to dwell on feeling like a failure - it really gets us nowhere. Sure, you're disappointed - but you've learned something, and hopefully you'll be even more determined now.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Trudging the Road

Don't let defeats deny you of future victories. Learn from the experience, pick yourself up, and continue on, one day at a time.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

But you are back here and ready to continue on your journey. Last night was a blip in the big picture unless you allow it to be something else.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

Hey, it's cool, just take it one day at a time, don't future-trip or take on too much in your head. You've made it back and have a grip on yourself so just do not over analyze and keep it simple, One Day At A Time,it works!