Notices

Sober weekender thread! Jan 31 - February 2! All welcome,

Old 02-02-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I am in shock about Phillip Seymour Hoffman. What a fabulous talent. How sad. Gosh, the disease of addiction is very often so devastating in so many ways. My prayers to anyone struggling with addictions of any kind.

On another note, waiting for football. I love football but for some reason I'm just not all that into it today. I'll tune in though. If it's a good game, I should get more interested.

I am fighting a migraine and feeling kind of down and energy-less. Hoping I get the mojo to do something about it. I have a few things to do but things feel overwhelming today. This too shall pass...

Hope everyone's Sunday is going well.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

The Puppy Bowl is particularly mesmerizing today.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Game's 45 mins away but a pasin thot of a shot went by me earlier! Not to worry coz have SR, my program & no way of gettin to liquor store even if I wanted. Thrilled to be sober w/ you guys
Go Chawks
Old 02-02-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

There is beer in my fridge and last night my wife just casually pops one open and sits in bed. I have made it a habit of drinking and cooking on Sundays while football is on. Def miss those days but I'll be glad in the am when I'm at my 8am meeting at work.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Had a great Sunday so far! Went grocery shopping with hubby, in advance of impending ice storm. Then, did some much needed cleaning and laundry. Now relaxing and watching the game. If I were still drinking, I'd be completely incapacitated with a hangover. Cleaning anything (or even taking a shower) would be completely out of my reach. Instead I'm feeling relaxed with a sense of accomplishment that I got a head start on the upcoming work week!

Received invitation to a baby shower in a few weeks on a Saturday afternoon. Normally, I would not attend. It would cut into drinking time. But now, not only did I already RSVP, but already ordered the gift online, and am excited about going. It's so great to actually be LIVING life vs going from drunk to drunk, hangover to hangover.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Woohoo! I made it through my first weekend in over a month It wasn't easy, but I know having a plan & posting here on Friday helped me keep myself accountable! So thank you!

Like a few have mentioned, I also had several realizations while being around others who were drinking this weekend. While attending an art class on Friday night (wine could be brought or purchased there), my sister & I were seated next to a lady who had brought her own & drank most of the bottle before we even started. She was loud,obnoxious, and slinging paint all over the place. By the end, she was plastered. In a class of about 30, everyone had something nice to take home...except her. Her's looked like a 2 year old had done it. While others looked at her with disdain, I looked at her with sadness. I saw myself. I know I have been THAT girl before. And seeing that reminds me why I never want to be her again....

So happy I made it! Thank you library for letting me browse for hours on Saturday & thank you beach for the relaxation today (I was sending warm vibes everyone's way)!

Good job everyone & now to get through the week
Old 02-02-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I made it. Tonight is the end of day 3 for me.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Originally Posted by justinJustQuit View Post
I made it. Tonight is the end of day 3 for me.
Good Job, Justin!

Congratulations to all those Seahawks fans! Not much of a game....
Old 02-02-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I made it through the weekend! Was offered and had the opportunity to drink on an emotional day today but I simply turned it down. No big deal. The bright sign with an arrow saying "She quit drinking hahaha" never dropped from the sky like I thought it would. Day 4 here I come
Old 02-03-2014, 01:47 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Great job! Inspiring to see new people and have them enjoy the thrill of a sober weekend!

I am sure not everyone made it but the effort to relearn to be sober is never ever wasted. For me t took many weekends to practice and learn so not making it is not indication that you won't make it. Just not at this moment. So....

Everyone have a safe and sober Monday. Everyday is an opportunity for redemption. It's yours for the taking.

Ken
Old 02-03-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Thanks for all chatting throughout the weekend. First SuperBowl I was sober, but nothing seemed to change. Of course no drama or yelling etc.. but still fun sober time.
Wish you all a good night.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I made it through, too, thanks! It helped reading all the posts, a lot
Old 02-03-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Made it. Its getting more and more normal to not drink on the weekend.