Notices

Sober weekender thread! Jan 31 - February 2! All welcome,

Old 01-31-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm in! I have the house all to myself this weekend so it should be peaceful.

I have some deep cleaning / going through boxes I've been meaning to get to for a few years... I think this is a perfect weekend to get started.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm joining Never joined the weekend threads before because for me usually week and weekend have no boundaries (no conventional work schedule), but thought why not try.

Tonight I'm staying home reading books, but have plans for the weekend: museums, exercise, some work, social interaction, movie, definitely no drink
Old 01-31-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Checking in for sober weekend #6!
Old 01-31-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Most definitely count me in. Six hour road trip with twin toddlers tomorrow to visit family. Lots of people around always (11 total in one house!). Going to try and not let it overwhelm my introverted self. And try to avoid the liquor store & bar on every corner. Bonus about living in the middle of nowhere is I had to trek to get booze! Thinking I'll do lots of passing the twins around while I escape to the library, walking trails, etc.

Happy sober weekend all!!

Last edited by dax501; 01-31-2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Darn typos
Old 01-31-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I am keeping an eye on the football this weekend - Preston North End. In the past when I was crosseyed watching it there always appeared to be 2 balls on the pitch. Now its nice to see one!
Old 01-31-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Tonight is my night 1 sober.... Again. And yes, I'm in
Old 01-31-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Can Hope come out and play?

I SURE can!! I'm in and I'm ringing the bell...

SO glad I am not having a SB party.... no clean up to do!!

I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC w/e!!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I am in for sure if that is ok?
Especially since I will be dealing with "superbowlitis" big time at my house.
Tonight is mellow night of TIVO recorded shows with my son, daughter and husband.
Tomorrow prep some food early for BBQ on Sunday. I will check in in the morning to see how it goes.
Sunday first sober superbowl in 20 years sober house. Got supplies and lots of sodas
Old 01-31-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Ringing in tonight from CA. I've been getting a lot done the last couple of days and I'm so glad about it. The first time in a long time I've tried to get organized with my calendars and phone books, making much needed dr's appts, cleaning up some old and new tax issues, filling out forms, talking to the person in charge of my case to get things in motion, running around getting some essential things I need. But geez am I tired. After the last couple of days of doing all this stuff, I get home and crash and burn. I'm just a wet noodle I'm so exhausted. Maybe I'm not used to actually accomplishing something and my system is in shock! Well, luckily I can lay in front of the TV and relax.

Hope everyone is doing really well and great. I am pulling for everyone a lot. My prayer is for us all to achieve and maintain the sobriety we are striving for. Can wait to read how everyone is doing! xxoo Aly
Old 01-31-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Ring I'm in! First sober weekend in years. Had a slight empty feeling not going to pick up my wine. Told my AV-not goin to happen. Got something to eat instead and I am home for a mellow TV evening and lots of client tax returns piled up to work all weekend. Have set aside tomorrow afternoon for tennis and Sunday gym to break up the work. Need a plan for Saturday night. Hoping tennis will wear me out. Still detoxing and having insomnia so gonna hit the sheets early so I can have a somewhat clear head to do tax returns tomorrow. Feeling positive!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Green tea with jasmine sounds Better than a bud lite
Old 01-31-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi guys, count me in! Just took the kids out for dinner (ever see what a 4 and 6 year old can do to a table at a Mexican place?). Home now and getting everyone ready for bed and my tea ready. Tomorrow's plan: work out at 10:00 AM; take the kids to a b-day party at 1:30; play music with some friends from 4-6; date night with my wife after music (kids will be with the grandparents). As far as Sunday goes, not very interested in the Super Bowl, sorry. Lots of Sunday food prep/meal planning and shopping for the week going on. Is it un-American to boycott the Super Bowl? Oh well.

Have a good sober weekend friends.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

What is everyone doing tonight
Old 01-31-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Ring! Ring! I am certainly in for a sober weekend and looking forward to it. I have a busy weekend planned: work, athletics, socializing, reading (just started A Street Cat Named Bob) and preparing and eating some good home cooked meals. My area is suppose to get a big dump of snow tomorrow afternoon and Sunday. I'll be sure to squeeze in a snowshoe and enjoy playing in it instead of just shovelling it :0) I wish you all a wonderful weekend!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I am tucking kids into bed and not having much luck at it. Texting some AA friends about meeting at a Sunday meeting. That is what I am doing tonight. Mundane. But sober. And battening down the hatches for the ten more inches of snow expected to fall tomorrow. Planning a shopping list. Almost out of coffee. Eeeekkkk!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Oh, Malcolm. I have an 8 year old and a 5 year old. Did you lay tarps before you ate? I can see it now.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Oh I am late but pls count me in !
Old 01-31-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Everyone checking in from all corners of the globe in different shifts. Interesting to see.still Friday night for me. 5 a.m. or so in the U.K. How far ahead is Australia?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Kid free Fridays always a challenge. But glad to be here.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Already tired and it's only 945 here