Notices

Day 3...Emotional roller coaster

Old 01-30-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3...Emotional roller coaster

Day 3...talk about an emotional roller coaster! Started out with a breakdown because the water in the shower wouldn't get above lukewarm. Sat down in the floor and cried my eyes out and then proceeded to curse out the showerhead. Cried again while getting ready for work, because I realized that in just the last month the effects of the alcohol are already taking a toll on the way I look (I had 3 months and was looking great - in my opinion).

Called my husband before leaving because today is his birthday. We are currently separated (due largely to my drinking) & he is working in another state. Got his voicemail & left a birthday message. Felt good because I knew he would like that. Felt even better when he text to say how much it meant.

However, while I got him a card & gift, I have been too drunk/hungover/in a fog to bother to get it sent in time. The guilt has overwhelmed me all day. As much crap as he's put up with & I can't even stay sober enough to get a darn card in the mail. Cried about that a lot today. The guilt was almost overwhelming by the time I left work. My AV was screaming "You know you'll feel better if you just have a drink" and I won't lie, I REALLY wanted to listen to it. But, by the Grace of God I didn't!

Ahhh...thankfully made it through Day 3
Thanks for listening
Old 01-30-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will get better willowgrace. Congrats on day 3

D
Old 01-30-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

willowgrace. this is very normal and expected. It will pass. Well done on staying sober.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great job on 3 days Willow - take it easy on yourself....we can only move forward.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3, willowgrace. It's a little up and down sometimes, but it does pass.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Early recovery has a lot of ups and downs, but it will pass with more sober time. Give yourself time and don't give in to that voice.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job getting through it! Don't be so hard on yourself with breaking down and crying. I WISH I could just cry and let it out (I'm not good at being able to cry). It's so freeing. Also, lukewarm showers suck. :P That's totally understandable.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hope3

One day at a time!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone for your support!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Moral of the story. YOU MADE IT THROUGH DAY 3. It was hard, it wasn't comfortable, but you made it. I was a DISASTER the first week or so, but I made it through intact. Keep it up, you are doing fantastic.