Notices

A humble suggestion for the Newbies among us

Old 01-30-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb A humble suggestion for the Newbies among us

It seems that this week, and the last couple days in particular, has brought about a flurry of new members. Based on the posts that I have read, it also seems that many of you share similar facts and circumstances in addition to your sober date.

Most of you know about the Class of January thread, which allows you to stay in touch with others who put down the bottle in the same month as you.

In addition to that thread, when I joined SR in August of 2013, I reached out via private message to some of those who joined SR at that same time as I. I have occasionally messaged my August "classmates" to compare notes and to offer encouragement to those who are facing some of the same bumps in the road that I have faced.

More importantly, I have been touched and strengthened by classmates and others who, out of the blue, reached out to me to send a message to see how I am doing.

So, if you have connected with others who have joined SR about the same time as you, don't be afraid to send them a message of encouragement or to compare notes on how you are doing. You might be surprised by the camaraderie that develops. It is a slightly less "public" way to communicate with just one other person instead of the whole group. And I think it helps keep each of you committed to sobriety.

Welcome, newbies. It is good to have you here on this journey with us.

(Moderators, I hope my suggestion doesn't step on any toes. That is not my intent. If I am out of line, let me know)
Old 01-30-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

is there a "Class of December" somewhere???

Dec 28, 2013 is my date....
Old 01-30-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Try this:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-3-a-7.html

Last edited by Dee74; 01-30-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You linked to an old December thread firstymer - we close them every 500 posts or so:

I amended your post to insert the current one.

D
Old 01-31-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. For you newbies, looking at the thread from the month that you joined SR will give you an idea of who some of your sober "classmates" are.

Has anyone else gotten a private message, (from a "classmate" or otherwise) at a particularly difficult time that helped them get through a rough period? Or am I one of the few lucky ones?