SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   One Year Sober Today :) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/321235-one-year-sober-today.html)

SnwFlower 01-30-2014 10:47 AM

One Year Sober Today :)

Hello fabulous SR peeps!

I'm SOOOO happy to share that I'm celebrating one full year of sobriety today! I haven't posted anything on SR in several months, however I've actually been here all along reading SR posts daily.

I'm absolutely grateful for this wise and humble forum for being my rock and the most fantastic support system that I could have ever dreamed of. Nowadays, when I've had a tough day and my new co-workers suggest to "go grab a glass of wine to relax" ...I cringe, and then hop onto SR for encouraging posts. Reading SR with a cup of hot tea, snuggled up with my kitty is the perfect relaxation for me!

I firmly believe that the three major factors in my personal sobriety success are:

- Fully committing to my decision to be sober. Making it my first priority above everything.

- Having faith that the Universe (my higher power) is fully supporting me in my commitment. Having the confidence that it's power is far stronger than any urge or bad day that I may encounter.

- This wonderful SR forum

Because of my sobriety, wonderful doors have opened for me this year. After a tough year of unemployment, a fantastic company contacted me, and after three long and arduous months of intense interviews, I got the job. I've been with the company nearly two months now, and I know without a doubt, if I had been drinking, I never would have made it past the first interview. And I certainly wouldn't have made it through these first two intense months on the job. I still obviously experience stress and even cried the last couple of days because of it, however I'm fully capable to handle it now that I'm sober. I also noticed that I don't really get nervous anymore. I used to experience severe anxiety attacks at my old job, to the point where I would physically shake and feel sick to my stomach. I have a new found confidence and strength that I've never experienced before, and it feels great to stand up for myself. Standing my ground is not half as bad as I thought it would be, in fact it's been very empowering and is gaining me some newfound respect!

Another great and positive aspect has been the physical improvements. My skin is so much clearer, I've lost 15 pounds this past year, my eyes are clear, facial and body puff is gone, my hair is slowly getting thick again, and I can think more clearly. I have more energy, sleep soundly through the night, and wake up early feeling great with energy and a clear head.

Life is still quirky, but now, with a clear head and healthy body, I feel fully equipped to handle anything that comes my way with a sober and more confident eloquence.

I'm looking forward to another beautiful sober year, and am celebrating with a delicious hot mug of Chai tea! YUM!

Thank you dear SR family. Your very existence is treasured, appreciated and dearly loved. :You_Rock_

CAPTAINZING2000 01-30-2014 10:56 AM

Grats on 365

heath480 01-30-2014 10:58 AM

Congratulations to you on a year.

ClearMind 01-30-2014 10:59 AM

Congrats on one year sober, that is truly amazing. I have been following your three guidelines to staying sober myself for a while now (my higher power is also the Universe). I plan on being where you are in another several months!

You should post more often!

Betterlife1 01-30-2014 10:59 AM

Congrats!! You are an inspiration to us newbies!!

KateL 01-30-2014 11:19 AM

Well done. Nice shoes!! :) xxxxxxxxx

PurpleKnight 01-30-2014 11:22 AM

That's Fantastic!! :You_Rock_

Dippy 01-30-2014 11:25 AM

Thanks for your inspirational words x

BradJustBrad 01-30-2014 11:32 AM

Congratulations! And thanks for the the detailed info - it's great inspiration for us newer folk.

Coldfusion 01-30-2014 11:39 AM

:nycCongratulations!:nyc

Impurrfect 01-30-2014 11:52 AM

congratulations!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Karma27 01-30-2014 11:53 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is AWESOME...good for you for deciding to make your life what it can be~~~give yourself a huge pat on the back for being so strong and good to yourself!!!

2bhappier 01-30-2014 12:00 PM

Congratulations!!!!!

sugarbear1 01-30-2014 12:12 PM

Congratulations!

firstymer 01-30-2014 12:17 PM

Thank you for the inspiring story. Congratulations on your success. You earned every bit of it. Your story will motivate many of us to stay the course today. Here's to Year Two of sobriety for you! Best wishes. :a194:

ImperfectlyMe 01-30-2014 12:22 PM

Congrats on your first year:)

Db1105 01-30-2014 12:22 PM

Congratulations!

nicole100 01-30-2014 12:59 PM

Fantastic! Congratulations!

ReadyAtLast 01-30-2014 01:00 PM

Many congratulations on your 1 year :c011:

Kris47 01-30-2014 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by SnwFlower (Post 4440547)
Hello fabulous SR peeps!

I'm SOOOO happy to share that I'm celebrating one full year of sobriety today! I haven't posted anything on SR in several months, however I've actually been here all along reading SR posts daily.

I'm absolutely grateful for this wise and humble forum for being my rock and the most fantastic support system that I could have ever dreamed of. Nowadays, when I've had a tough day and my new co-workers suggest to "go grab a glass of wine to relax" ...I cringe, and then hop onto SR for encouraging posts. Reading SR with a cup of hot tea, snuggled up with my kitty is the perfect relaxation for me!

I firmly believe that the three major factors in my personal sobriety success are:

- Fully committing to my decision to be sober. Making it my first priority above everything.

- Having faith that the Universe (my higher power) is fully supporting me in my commitment. Having the confidence that it's power is far stronger than any urge or bad day that I may encounter.

- This wonderful SR forum

Because of my sobriety, wonderful doors have opened for me this year. After a tough year of unemployment, a fantastic company contacted me, and after three long and arduous months of intense interviews, I got the job. I've been with the company nearly two months now, and I know without a doubt, if I had been drinking, I never would have made it past the first interview. And I certainly wouldn't have made it through these first two intense months on the job. I still obviously experience stress and even cried the last couple of days because of it, however I'm fully capable to handle it now that I'm sober. I also noticed that I don't really get nervous anymore. I used to experience severe anxiety attacks at my old job, to the point where I would physically shake and feel sick to my stomach. I have a new found confidence and strength that I've never experienced before, and it feels great to stand up for myself. Standing my ground is not half as bad as I thought it would be, in fact it's been very empowering and is gaining me some newfound respect!

Another great and positive aspect has been the physical improvements. My skin is so much clearer, I've lost 15 pounds this past year, my eyes are clear, facial and body puff is gone, my hair is slowly getting thick again, and I can think more clearly. I have more energy, sleep soundly through the night, and wake up early feeling great with energy and a clear head.

Life is still quirky, but now, with a clear head and healthy body, I feel fully equipped to handle anything that comes my way with a sober and more confident eloquence.

I'm looking forward to another beautiful sober year, and am celebrating with a delicious hot mug of Chai tea! YUM!

Thank you dear SR family. Your very existence is treasured, appreciated and dearly loved. :You_Rock_

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...tulations1.gif

Snwflower,

Thank you! " Your very existence is treasured, appreciated and dearly loved. " Lovely words for all of us to repeat and remember.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...eartbunche.gif

You're on the right path. May it take you places you've never believed. :)

And THANK YOU.

Kris