Notices

Weekend planning

Old 01-30-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weekend planning

When trying not to drink I find it helpful to plan on my weekends to avoid the temptation of drinking.

This weekend I'm going swimming and off to a comedy gig on Saturday. Sunday will be spent cooking something new and playing Paper Mario (I'm a nintendo nut). I'm also going to make a start on an article.

How about everybody else?
Old 01-30-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Watching the snow melt. Finishing the final presentation for a course I have been taking. Puttering around my wood shop, decluttering. Super Bowl on Sunday.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi MrBen. I like your plan. My plan always involves hot tea, dim lights, some tv or reading, checking SR. However, whatever happens, during the day or night, I work on making sure that I don't get too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired--these emotions/sensations can make things tough for me. I work on strategies for avoiding each and I've been feeling pretty good. Have a good weekend.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have a wood burning fireplace, Saturday morning plan on splitting and stacking wood, walk around the lake with the baby girl, 'new recipe' night to try and cook with the wife, and game night. Sunday... Early riser to soak in everything possible the super bowl has to offer and then it's game time for my Hawks!

I've only been trying to quit through one weekend, but it definitely helped to have a lot planned.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Saturday I have my guitar lesson, then a job for work. Sunday I have Church and then I will do some reading in the afternoon. And I will try to get some gentle yoga in both days.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have fun and decorate my house on Saturday and getting ready for Superbowl Sunday. First Superbowl I will be sober in a long time. But got all my gear, party supplies and game sheets ready. My house will be covered in Seahawks decorations and fans.