Notices

Day 10

Old 01-29-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

Leave me alone AV! I'm feeling great after 10 days, don't even feel like drinking today and am confident this week is going to be a breeze... until Sunday. My AV is already trying to plant the seeds of a Superbowl 'reward'... It's been tough, everyone around me talking about the numerous parties going on, the after parties when the Hawks win ... our boss has made Monday a holiday (knowing everyone is going to be up late and probably not very productive).

It sucks, because I'm a huge Hawks fan and have been looking forward to this Sunday for 8 years, and all I'm feeling right now is anxious and nervous about how I'm going to handle alcohol, rather than being super excited for the game....

Positive note, 10 days! Thanks for the support SR.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 days. I would stay clear of any parties this early in sobriety as it will be way too tempting. I went to a Halloween party with 60 days of sobriety and almost caved in to the peer pressure. I know you've waited a long time for this but your sobriety is way more important than a game.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

WhoooooHooooo 10 days!

Go Hawks.......I'll be wearing my 12th man T shirt come Sunday!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Bilr... It's been crossing my mind, however in my case there's a few things pushing me towards going to one of them... In-laws will be on the home front and getting stuck watching game with them might have a bigger impact on 'caving in' than any party I may go to! Just need to stay focused and remember that I have been looking forward to this for so long, it'd be nice to actually remember the Super Bowl!

Absolutely Raider, GO HAWKS!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 days!!! Keep thinking about recalling the day and what that means to you.
Maybe plan a bit, too. I quit right before Halloween and knew the party I was going to would have wine. I prepared myself, brought soda water and fresh limes and was able to sit back and observe a party with "new" eyes...and no double vision! Good luck.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please remember that early sobriety is a time to be selfish, out of necessity.

I had to learn to say 'No' or I wouldn't be sober today.

If you are concerned, don't go to the party to watch the game. And, don't watch the game with your in-laws either. Is there somewhere in your home where you can watch the game in peace?

Ten days is great, so you know you can get through Sunday!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would recommend not going to any parties, just to avoid putting yourself in a potentially bad situation. There will be other super bowls.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Same as others, it's risky.

But hey, the choice is yours ;-)

But I wonder how many people actually are in for the game and not the excuse to party?

Just a tough.