Notices

Hello everyone, new to this site

Old 01-30-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I think you'll find an incredible amount of support here.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joff552 View Post
Did it feel right out of genuine motivations or was it a way to avoid quitting using? Be honest with yourself. No need to spill personal things you don't want to share here, but at least be honest with yourself.

And maybe it did feel right but it was a mistake after all. It happens to all of us. "God, I should have done that!". But there's always a new opportunity.

Thank you for the encouragement! I just figured, I know well enough what it's like to be drunk and it's not a good thing. So no need to continue it.
No, at the time it wasn't a way to avoid quitting using. I felt the treatment wouldn't do me any real good - that I really didn't need it enough to go through 5 long weeks of treatment, when I wouldn't sincerely believe the program would be useful enough for me on a personal level. So I just wanted to get home and spend time with my family, and it felt right too once I got home.

As I mentioned in my initial post in this thread, I did actually go sober out of my own free will for about 4 weeks (without treatment) after coming out of detox. I have been drinking regularly since but I am sober as of right now and feel I have my drinking habit under control without additional help. We never know what happens tomorrow, of course. Every day is a challenge which is called self control and strength.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Since you already went to a rehab, then you know the effect alcohol has on you. You may feel that you can quit on your own, but you are on a very slippery slope!