Notices

Can't keep a sponsor, whats wrong with me!

Old 02-02-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support. I have managed to get a new sponsor and she is amazing! Just doing what I can to keep going forward.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

There are never enough sponsors so many people take it on before they are ready. I had a number of sponsors who disappeared. I know at least one moved away. Another relapsed. A few just disappeared from meetings for reasons no one knew. A few others I lost because I did not know that sponsees call sponsors--sponsors do not call sponsees. When I never heard back I assumed that they lost interest. I may have been too indiscriminate in my selection of sponsors, because I needed on to be released from rehab and live in my sober house. But I think even if I was on my own I would have grabbed at anyone since I wanted to do the program right.

Everyone goes through this. Often though the problem is with the sponsor, so you cannot take it personally. They simply are not ready. And often the problem is with your choice. But no one's judgement is that sound in early sobriety. Just get back on that horse and try again...and again..and again. Eventually you will get someone you can work with.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

As ponsor not calling you back, isnt an excuse to drink, there are many more options.
The role of a sponsor is to walk you thru the book and steps. They will not keep you sober.

Call someone else from a meeting. Or change your thinking, why is it about you.

Consider them, are they okay, are they busy, did something come up that they couldnt call back.