Notices

Nother f....d up day

Old 01-28-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nother f....d up day

I can't stop crying, I can't stop feeling sorry for myself, I can't stop dreaming only bad things, I can't stop the post man from delivering the letter he did today. I have brought this all on myself. Once upon a time I was a nice person, I was vivacious and gregarious J. For my whole 4 11 n half, I could take a better man down. today........I am nothing, I am no one, I am so terribly terribly lost, really, WTF, whats the point
Old 01-28-2014, 12:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you got bad news LT - but it doesn't mean you're a bad person - far from it.

You can triumph over addiction - there's any number of mentors here - & you can become that smart sassy vivacious gregarious go-getter again...and more.

You future lies in the decisions you make now.
Today can be a beginning rather than an ending...if you want it to be

There's a lot of people here prepared to walk beside you on the journey

D
Old 01-28-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are the point Lifet ! I'm so sorry you are feeling this way .
No matter how bad things seem today there is only one way To go and that is UP .

you know deep down you have a fighting spirit .

Look at your own signature from your DAD . Such great advice .

THE HIGHEST MOUNTAINS CAUSE THE BIGGEST STRUGGLE, BUT IT'S WHERE WE OBTAIN THE GREATEST VIEW.

that is so profound , what a lovely , wise man. He wouldn't be wanting you to be struggling like this.

Pick yourself up sweetheart , PM me again anytime you need to . I'm always here .

You can do this , I know you can . Nothing is going to get better until you get better .
When you are you can cope with anything that is thrown at you , you really can when sober .

I'm feeling for you Hun ..xx

Much love

Wendy xx
Old 01-28-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

What Dee says. You can be that person again, even better. Life throws crap in our direction unfortunately, but it is less depressing and easier to find a solution with a clear head xxxxx
Old 01-28-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh Life, big big hugs. The Marchers are here for you, SR is here for you, you are not alone and, as Dee so wisely says, you can triumph out of this. Oh yes you can.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Life
Read your DADS quote THATS THE POINT

Love you
Mick x
Old 01-28-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awww lifetplant - I'm sorry you feel bad. Life is really tough sometimes and until we get new self-soothing skills (cos alcohol wasn't such a great success in THAT department) it can be a pretty hard landing.

If there is anything you want to talk through, we are here. You aren't nothing. You are someone with a great potential within them and a great future before you. You just can't see it yet. I don't even need to know you to know this about you. Bad people don't actually think they are bad, or they are proud of their badness.

I'll bet money you're not a bad person, you've just maybe made some poor decisions while in the grip of alcoholism. It can take some time for the past to catch up with us, but that doesn't mean we should stop working on our recovery.

Whatever it is you are facing, you don't have to do it alone. We can support you and encourage you. There is nothing so bad that someone here hasn't experienced it or something like it and none of us are judging you. Some of us are just lucky we didn't get caught.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We love you, LP! I'm so sorry you are suffering. Hang in there--divert your mind somehow for a couple of days--don't pick up. In a couple of days it may be clearer to you where to turn next.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh Life! Yes, you are so loved here!! And you are nice, and kind, and special, and many more things. I'm sorry you got this terrible news but it does not define you. You have had a terrible year. Please seek out counseling and please use this news to turn it all around for yourself. The nice, vivacious and gregarious J is still there -- she just needs time to heal and to thrive again.

Please don't drink, Life, and please come to SR as much as you can. We're here for you.

Praying hard for you, my friend.
xoxo
Old 01-28-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You can get thru this, somehow.
Call someone, pour this all out and let them help you figure your path for now.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Uncle Walt
O ME! O life!... of the questions of these recurring;
Of the endless trains of the faithless—of cities fill’d with the foolish;
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I, and who more faithless?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light—of the objects mean—of the struggle ever renew’d;
Of the poor results of all—of the plodding and sordid crowds I see around me;
Of the empty and useless years of the rest—with the rest me intertwined;

The question, O me! so sad, recurring—What good amid these, O me, O life?

Answer.

That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lifeplant, like others have replied to you, life can throw us some difficult situations. No matter how bad it may seem at the moment, please remember that this too shall pass. However you deal with the problem, you will get through it, but the choice to handle it without sabotaging your sobriety is the one action only you can control. Your power is in your decision in how to live your life, no one can take that from you so don't allow your AV to magnify life's problems.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Once upon a time I was a nice person, I was vivacious and gregarious
Guess what??? You still are.

The point is, you/we work on what needs to be changed in our lives. Addictions love to keep our minds in such a negative state, and negative loves to breed more negative.

I hope you feel better soon. We all understand. When I was getting sober, I had days, I wanted to cry, I didn't want to cry, depression. Well that's all lifted.

Keeping you in my thoughts today. I hope you work in making some changes. Like chuff1 mentioned, focus on your Dad's quote. What a GIFT

Onward to positive.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm going straight to the end of this thread because it's way past my bed time and for every post I read, I cry a little more. Even without reading some posts, I thank you all dearly for your responses, what an amazing support mechanism SR is. There is always a sunrise after dusk, thank you. LP
Old 01-28-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can get thru troubles and come out stronger on the other side. It's never too late to start your new life.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I can't remember the exact quote but it's something like this: You are so much more and better than the worst thing you've ever done.

That has gotten me past many a brutal self-beating. We are more than the bad choices we made in the past. We have committed to taking steps in the right direction. In fact, we wouldn't be moving in the right direction if not for the repercussions of those bad choices.

We all forgive you. Forgive yourself. It's time.

(((hugs)))
Old 01-28-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

JackieC....as I say, way way past my bedtime but i'm going to sleep with your quote in my head. thank you LP
Old 01-28-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I can dwell for hours what's bad about me or I can take an inventory of myself an improve on what I like about myself an improve on it. Take all the energy you're burning up an go see what you can do to help someone. I promise you it will take your mind off self and Make you feel better ��
Old 01-28-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Start a new life today,

throw the rest away.

Big hugs for ya!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good luck, lifeplant. Hopefully you'll have a much better day tomorrow!