Notices

You used to reward yourself with alcohol, what now?

Old 01-27-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

"As I swept and had an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment I thought.. "I could use a beer after that!" - Why is it that we do that? Not just you. Not just me. But every person after a particularly rough or busy day will always reward themselves with an alcoholic drink."

not every person does that.theres people that don't drink.
when i used them excuses, it was because im an alcoholic. then i crossed the line into full blown alcoholism and didn't need an excuse to drink.

hope ya made it through the party sober.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Heh, a royal rumble party. That should be interesting. I'm almost tempted to watch it this year. It's almost embarrassing to say, but I'm a pro-wrestling fan. Almost as embarrassing as saying I'm an alcoholic!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Finding new ways to reward myself has been one of the most fun parts of being sober.

Before it was always a bottle of wine or some vodka coolers, then eating junk, while watching cartoons, then drunk dialing some guy, and then passing out. Yuck!

Now my rewards are typically things like literature, music, socializing, entertainment media, household décor, clothing, at home spa treatments, time in the park, hot beverages, and naps.

Today my rewards enrich my life rather than steal my potential away.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BikerAcct View Post
Heh, a royal rumble party. That should be interesting. I'm almost tempted to watch it this year. It's almost embarrassing to say, but I'm a pro-wrestling fan. Almost as embarrassing as saying I'm an alcoholic!
Not embarrassing at all! My boyfriend runs a pro wrestling website. It's ring-rap.com if you're interested. He's interviewed Mick Foley and Chris Jericho, actually. It was a good party. I zone out when there are hour long matches though
Old 01-27-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
"As I swept and had an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment I thought.. "I could use a beer after that!" - Why is it that we do that? Not just you. Not just me. But every person after a particularly rough or busy day will always reward themselves with an alcoholic drink."

not every person does that.theres people that don't drink.
when i used them excuses, it was because im an alcoholic. then i crossed the line into full blown alcoholism and didn't need an excuse to drink.

hope ya made it through the party sober.
That's why I retracted that statement and said not every person uses alcohol as a reward. I did make it through the party unscathed. Wasn't worried about it at all. I had a great time!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

New habits take time to form, and you will get some experience as you go.. scenarios that you usually would have rewarded yourself with a drink, this time when you DONT, the pride you feel afterward is the bigger reward. I no longer have to bow to King Alcohol... God is keeping me safe and sober, and with him all things are possible. Keep coming back and don't drink