Notices

Feeling Anxiety...

Old 01-25-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Anxiety...

I've had a great Saturday - went to the movies with my husband, ate good food, played an awesome video game I love....but now it's late and I'm just feeling tense and feeling some anxiety. I haven't had an urge or a craving for a drink at all since I went sober and joined AA a week ago, but from what I've read feeling moments of tension or anxiety can be normal.

Is this normal? I'm hoping after a good night's sleep this will pass.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's perfectly normal - try and relax and think of it as a part of mind and body healing?

D
Old 01-25-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Very normal. You can't deal with this huge thing in a week. The feelings come and go, and as time goes on you get better at dealing with them and recognizing where they come from. People that don't drink have the same periods of anxiety and tension...

If you're like me, when you have some sober time under your belt you'll realize how much more calm and peaceful you feel overall. It's a great feeling.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I really look forward to that I have already felt so much better overall. Enjoying restful, full nights of sleep is great. Being able to have energy and function and enjoy my hobbies again is also so good.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think it is pretty cool you are doing well. Milk, as funny as that sounds, makes me feel a bit better. And petting and cuddle time with my cats. Simple things I guess.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Chey....great job on 1 week!! Just be kind to yourself....I drink Chamomile tea to "wind" down at night...using some lavender oil added to coconut oil as a moisturizer & seems to really help me "relax".