Notices

Im going fishing

Old 01-25-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im going fishing

40 days or so down. Bored as hell. Loneliness is creeping in. I literally dont know a single person anymore. I have to do something.. Im going to go on my first solo sober fishing trip here on the beach in corpus christi tx. Friendly folks feel free to stop by and say hi. wish me luck.

Bad Company - Ready For Love - YouTube
Old 01-25-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's tough to make news friends for sure.

There are some good ideas here tho:

11 Ways to Make Friends as an Adult

Happy fishing
D
Old 01-25-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Joshua, I love fishing, and it's something I'm planning on doing a lot more when the river season gets up and running again in April time over here.

Your right, Sobriety shouldn't just be sitting in the house doing nothing, get out, do things, albeit they will have to be adjusted away from drinking, but you can still enjoy being outdoors!!

Good Luck!!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you, Josh. I'm a fellow Texan & enjoy Corpus. Have a great time & good luck!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thats why they call it fishing not catching

Well I didn't have any luck fishing tonight. I drove very far south down the beach. I tried and tried. It was pretty cold but I was dressed pretty warm. They were just not biting. Oh well. On the bright side I saw 5 shooting stars while I was out. The stars and night sky were beautiful. If my feet hadn't got wet I probably would have stayed longer but as it stood I was getting cold and was ready to come home and warm up. Reminder to self. Next time waterproof boots.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Joshua. I wish I could go fishing again as it became sort of my escape from society and tourists in general in my area.
When I finally got sober and ever since I've been in AA and have been very active which led to having many friends over the years in the fellowship. It's a fellowship with many great people who aim to stay sober and help others to become/stay sober. In life I find that we may have many acquaintances but few close friends be comfortable with and my friends today I see at meetings I still attend.

BE WELL