Notices

Back

Old 01-25-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back

Well, don't know if anyone remembers me - I joined in December and promptly fell off the wagon once my spouse brought home two bottles of wine for Christmas. Since then I've drank sporadically, with longer periods of sobriety, but it is still very clear to me that the best option is NO ALCOHOL. I go for a couple of weeks, then have a glass after dinner, then the next day have the remaining three glasses, then I just want MORE. So I'm done. Again.

This time I will check on here on a regular basis and remember not to get so cocky as to think I can drink normally again after a week... Not be so arrogant as to think I can do it alone (problem - spouse doesn't think this is a problem at all; not sure what to do there) and will post if I am thinking about getting a drink. And maybe even get a book. Or a podcast? Do those exist?

I could really, really use a hug. I want to rest in my mother's arms, to find comfort and solace and love, but I can't.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hugs Hellome!! Glad you are here Very supportive place to be.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. I hate this so much. This anxiety.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hi Hellome. Welcome to the family. We can and do give great big virtual hugs via our words.

Stick with us. You can do this. And we will help.

XO AO
Old 01-25-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
Old 01-25-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back
Old 01-25-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad to have you back.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks again, friends. It wasn't even especially "bad" this time (I don't drink a lot all at once) but I am just so sick and tired of doing it at all. I want to curl up into a little ball and cry, cry, cry. I know I need to take charge but I just want someone to take care of me like a small child. I sound so pathetic.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Not pathetic. Not at all.

Just a part of the human experience.

And that alone, takes strength beyond measure !

Be gentle with yourself. And kind.

You wouldn't allow a friend to talk down to you like that now would ya ?
Old 01-25-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Same, same, same. Over and over and over again. If I were a car I would have already broken down from all the stops and starts I've had the past 3 months. Come to think of it, I have finally broken down...and I wouldn't have it any other way. Because of said breakdown I have finally hauled my butt into the dealership to take care of my issues.

Congrats to both of us!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don't know if this will help but it helped me tremendously. When I first joined SR someone wrote something along the lines of

"alcohol never has to be a problem in your life again."

When I really let the reality of that sink in, it was a huge relief. I also found my anxiety lessened when I started talking about my drinking and desire to stay sober. Hearing my own words and reading them was a great way to remind me why I stopped in the first place. I look at my first posts on SR at least once a week to keep sobriety a priority in my life.

If I could hug you, I would, but I will send positive thoughts your way!
Old 01-25-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am trying to look at it like this - instead of being horrified that I picked up a bottle of wine yesterday, I am proud that I choose not to do the same today. But I'm still kind of weepy. Thanks for the hugs and support, it means a lot.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back hellome

what do you plan to do differently this time?

D
Old 01-25-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hellome View Post
Well, don't know if anyone remembers me - I joined in December and promptly fell off the wagon once my spouse brought home two bottles of wine for Christmas. Since then I've drank sporadically, with longer periods of sobriety, but it is still very clear to me that the best option is NO ALCOHOL. I go for a couple of weeks, then have a glass after dinner, then the next day have the remaining three glasses, then I just want MORE. So I'm done. Again.

This time I will check on here on a regular basis and remember not to get so cocky as to think I can drink normally again after a week... Not be so arrogant as to think I can do it alone (problem - spouse doesn't think this is a problem at all; not sure what to do there) and will post if I am thinking about getting a drink. And maybe even get a book. Or a podcast? Do those exist?

I could really, really use a hug. I want to rest in my mother's arms, to find comfort and solace and love, but I can't.
Many,Many hugs..I wish my mom was alive to hold me in her arms.
First want to say you will find tons of forums, discussions as well as live chats with the amazing world of SR and the people on here. I started first day and got on site every day for first few weeks.
When I feel the urge I get on SR, clean, or read. You will find plenty of ideas from others on what you can do to help make it through the moments. Everyone is different and that makes it great. You get so much different advice, and all so positive. Hope to see you tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

welcome back! ***hugs***