Notices

Ahhh Day 3

Old 01-22-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Ahhh Day 3

It hasn't been too hard for me to get started, thank god. However, I'm still fighting those damn excuses that keep popping up. Like the addiction has tried taking my side almost, to encourage me to quit... only until the weekend or only until I have time alone where I won't be affecting anyone but myself, then it'll be ok to just drink one night. If I just quit for a while, then it won't be a big deal. Etc, etc..... It's like for no reason, all the good times I'll be missing by going sober are all I that 'pop' into my head. I have to force myself to focus on all the negatives (which far out weight the good).

Wish the negatives would 'pop' into my head as easily! But here we are, day 3.... for any Happy Gilmore fans out there.... "doing the bull dance, workin it. Workin it"
Old 01-22-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great Job on Day 3!!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When that voice in my head convinces me to just drink for one night, it turns into two weeks of nightly drinking with all day drinking on the weekends... and then crippling withdrawals when I finally snap out of it.

If you're anything like me, it won't be just one night.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good going on three days sober.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Imabuleva View Post
When that voice in my head convinces me to just drink for one night, it turns into two weeks of nightly drinking with all day drinking on the weekends... and then crippling withdrawals when I finally snap out of it. If you're anything like me, it won't be just one night.
You just described my entire last two weeks. It's not worth the pain
Old 01-22-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all! For me, it's a one night binge that generally ends up in me passed out on the couch, with a morning full of regret, a day long headache. A day of laziness and fatigue, falling behind at work as I just struggle to make quitting time, usually followed by another day of being tired before I start to feel normal again.... just in time to feel good enough to drink again by the weekend.

And let's not forget the always present "I'm never drinking again" comment I tell myself as I struggle in the shower to get myself feeling good enough to be somewhat presentable at work....