Notices

Can I plan my last drink?

Old 01-27-2014, 03:23 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya dippy thinking of you , it's not always easy but it does prove worthwhile xx
Old 01-27-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi Dippy, you've seen enough posts to know that the answer to your question is that you just have to do it. That's the best way. Planning your last drink is nothing more really than putting off quitting. On the day of the last drink while you're drinking your head is already making plans on how to make it not be the last.

This leads me to an interesting question because every time I tried to plan my quit date I failed. I finally succeeded (thus far) by making the decision in the moment. The plan was switched from the day of my last drink to how I was going to remain sober when the evil voice came calling.

I wish you the best and hope you succeed for your sake and for your children's sake.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

thanks.I know I've had so many last drinks that I cannot believe in it anymore!
am more scared of the voice that comes stronger after a few days saying my drinking was not that bad and that I can be in control of it...
Old 01-27-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
~sb

http://www.aa-gb.org.uk/
Old 01-27-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
am more scared of the voice that comes stronger after a few days saying my drinking was not that bad and that I can be in control of it...
It's just a voice. It only has power if you start believing its lies.

Oz seemed Great and Powerful until the curtain came down. You know where that voice comes from, what it wants, and what it is trying to do to get it. The curtain is down.

You can do this!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Don't give up!

Hope you have resorted your plan and are working it with all the gusto you can muster. Now you have had your last drink, no need for any more.

From what I have read, you are a single Mom and sole provider for your children. Who will take care of them if you lose your job?

Excuse me if that question upsets you but I can also tell that you love your kids more than anything else in this world.... as you should. That evil voice in your head is conspiring against you and trying to break your will. As a Mom, you can't let it win. Pull yourself up, dust yourself off and go at it again girl!

Maybe next Sunday you should change the normal plan and have the grandparents come for dinner instead of dropping the kids off?

We are all pulling for you!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I am back on track. have also addressed the relationship with my kind of partner and drinking buddy and stopped that . its not the amount I drink its the inhibition that immediately disappears and the way I behave after that I spend the most time recovering from. it all comes from the same place..
Old 01-28-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Keep trying no matter what. It will fall into place sooner or later, you will get there if you keep on trying again and again, no matter how weak, stupid or pathetic drink will make you feel.

I joined Sr in April 2011 and was on and off here until I got sober in Dec 2012.
So.... Some get it sooner and some get it later....just don't ever stop trying!!
Old 01-28-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Keep trying, Dippy, you're off to a great start and have a great attitude. Lots of help and support here, just keep posting.

One of my favorite quotes is "Whenever you fall, pick something up."

You can do this, we're all here for you.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I stop drinking when I've had enough..so am I ok?
That's the title of a new thread I've posted. I know it probably seems like I'm labouring the point, but I just want real opinions and I got those on here x