Notices

Recover and Coffee

Old 01-24-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I drink tea. Sometimes caffeinated, sometimes decaf. Though, I am considering cutting out caffeine when I feel up to it.

I didn't ever drink caffeine when I was drinking alcohol. I just drank alcohol. And water when I came down, if I could get it down
Old 01-24-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

yes, i felt like i needed extra 'ooomph'... but in reality i was looking for a substitute to get me somehow wired and high.

since i became so prone to anxiety attacks however, i haven't touched coffee in a long time.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I love club soda. The lime flavored kind. I try to substitute it for coffee. I like to drink it really fast so that it hurts... Which might have something to do with being an alcoholic. I sort of think so, actually. But I don't really worry about drinking more coffee while I'm sober. I think it's a distraction thing. You're so busy being all over the place that you don't have time for that little voice to start talking.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yep. First two months I was drinking what seemed like bathtubs of coffee. Eventually though the desire went away slowly. Now I dont drink coffee at all, which would have seemed like the most ridiculous thing in the world for me to say in years past
Old 01-24-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Imabuleva View Post
I drink tea. Sometimes caffeinated, sometimes decaf. Though, I am considering cutting out caffeine when I feel up to it.

I didn't ever drink caffeine when I was drinking alcohol. I just drank alcohol. And water when I came down, if I could get it down
tea is also an excellent choice. first of all most teas are great for you and have a lot of medicinal properties. secondly you can go decaf (herbal teas) or just any good ol' tea, that has less caffeine than your typical cup of coffee.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by serious View Post
yes, i felt like i needed extra 'ooomph'... but in reality i was looking for a substitute to get me somehow wired and high.

since i became so prone to anxiety attacks however, i haven't touched coffee in a long time.
While I'm not prone to anxiety attacks, I understand the substituting thing. I'm doing the same thing with tea because I don't like coffee.

The way I see it, alcohol will kill me. So if tea helps me stop drinking alcohol for good, I'll work on the caffeine thing later.