Notices

Insomnia. Relapsed into a 3 day binge.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Insomnia. Relapsed into a 3 day binge.

I woke up wide eyed and awake Sunday at 1am. I could not get comfortable and keeps my legs still. I ended up fixing a drink which led to a 3 day binge until this moarning. I'm dissapointed that I screwed up again. Argh... I'm not drinking today.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, Serotonin - Maybe try to chat with Your SR friends if You can't sleep - There seems to be someone Here 24/7 ?
Old 01-21-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to read that too Serotonin.

I really think the best thing would be to go out and find as much support as you can - find people call when you need them...or at least learn to post here - learn to reach out and ask for help?

also....find some medical support for the depression, OCD, and the PTSD you suspect you have.

Really put all you have into making changes and not ending up here at this point again.

D
Old 01-21-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry you're going through this right now. I find this site helps keep me stay accountable and not having any alcohol in the house. I know that you don't live alone but do you think you could ask those living with you to remove alcohol from the house at least temporarily? If you didn't have booze in the house at 3AM I don't think you would have gotten drunk.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Feel better serotonin. Are there things you can keep on hand to take incase you have that problem with sleeping again?
Old 01-21-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hearts View Post
Feel better serotonin. Are there things you can keep on hand to take incase you have that problem with sleeping again?
Not sure what that would be. Certainly alcohol was a poor choice.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better. Don't beat yourself up. Just stop and start over again. I do remember it is easier to stay stopped than it is to stop again. I have since last thursday since I drank or used and when I feel like using I remind myself how hard it was just getting a few days so far.

Anyway. Yeah. I understand though. I can get so down on myself for messing up and it really doesn't do me any good.

be well
Old 01-21-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
Sorry you're going through this right now. I find this site helps keep me stay accountable and not having any alcohol in the house. I know that you don't live alone but do you think you could ask those living with you to remove alcohol from the house at least temporarily? If you didn't have booze in the house at 3AM I don't think you would have gotten drunk.
Actually I do live alone, aside from when I have my son. Im in a duplex owned by my mother. I'm currently house sitting for some nice folks.. They have a full bar and I have encouraged me to make myself at home. They will be back on the 4th. Maybe I can ask my son's mom to remove the alcohol until before they come home.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
Maybe I can ask my son's mom to remove the alcohol until before they come home.
Sounds like a good plan.

Also, sorry about assuming you don't live alone! I don't know how I got that idea.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I removed some posts that ignored our Rule 10 on med advice

Here is the SR Rule in full....
10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
I understand that all who shared are well meaning and trying to help - however what happened to you and how you overcame it may not be suitable for others, and may well keep someone else from seeking the professional assistance they need.

Please do share your personal first hand experience, but don't diagnose or make recommendations.

We are a peer support group here. We simply cannot give medical advice. You need to see a medical professional for that.

Thanks for your understanding

Dee
SR
Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Serotonin

have you seen a Dr at all?

D
Old 01-21-2014, 09:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Serotonin

have you seen a Dr at all?

D
Not since July when I had 18 days sober. I go to a low income facility a few times a year but it can take up to 6 weeks to get an appointment.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Sorry you feel so bad, Just start again x Oddly, I awoke at 6 am this morning because I couldn't sleep, so I came on here instead xx
Old 01-22-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope we can help you stop drinking for good this time. Remember: you never have to go thru this again.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Serotonin, I have restless leg syndrome and I know what a nuisance it is. One of the best things is a warm bath, taking time to relax. From reading about RLS, I know that drinking tonic water can help. Also, getting up and moving around to distract yourself might work for you.