Notices

Tripple Lock - Using Hypnosis to stop drinking

Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Tripple Lock - Using Hypnosis to stop drinking

OK, heres the deal. Yesterday was by far my hardest day.

I have been using Hypnotherapy to associate alcohol with toilet bleach. I have been getting very promising results until yesterday 2 weeks after I first used the self hypnosis. Last night the AV returned with a vengeance and thats to the very supportive post by SR members, my Wife and the Gym I did not drink.

Last night, I decided to try something new. It involved

a) Self Hypnosis into associating drinking alcohol with drinking toilet bleach. (I did this again because it worked on me).

b) I created a Sober Voice (SV) through hypnosis, this voice kicks is designed to nag me silly, whenever I think of drinking. Basically imagine every single reason why you stop drinking and every post on SR for staying Sober and putting that into an SV), whenever the AV speaks the SV shouts louder.
(My SV hasn't been used yet because the self hypnosis has been keeping my AV under control)

c) Pain, again using hypnosis, I have used the power of suggestion to associate the act of drinking with a hangover. This as you can imagine wasnt all that difficult. Now even the thought of drinking causes discomfort, I am actually thinking about drinking bleach while I write to avoid the headaches as it is starting to work already.

I have been using self hypnosis for 4 years and know how to put myself under and use the power of suggestion. You should contact a qualified hypnotherapist if you wish to explore these particular techniques as they can offer a solution if it is suitable.

The tripple lock combined with this forum and family support should used as often as possible to prevent any possibility of relapse. Use every tool available to yourselves to stay and live in sobriety.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good work Autan. Sounds like an excellent plan
Old 01-21-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Autan I'm also adding hypnotherapy to my sobriety arsenal.