Notices

Woke up scared!

Old 01-20-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mr B

Woke up scared!

So yesterday I woke up scared and nervous! I had a dream the night before that I was out drinking and partying. When I opened my eyes I was looking around the room looking for a bottle and checking side of my bed and nightstand but nothing there. I just laid in bed as it felt so real!

I finally realized it was just a dream I had and I was fine. I have to say though first thought that came across my mind was oh know I just ruined 46 days what am I going to tell everyone. But thankfully by the grace of god and the fellowship It was just a dream and I'm still sober today.

I believe this was a true test to my sobriety and how I would react to it. 60 days ago If I was scared or nervous I would drink to get those feelings to go away... but yesterday once I realized it was a dream I read a couple of pages out of few books and then got on my knees and said my prayers!

Has anyone ever got these dreams and if so what did you do afterwards?

DBJ
Old 01-20-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've had those dreams too. They go away in time, or at least get less frequent. I'm just glad to wake up and realize it was just a dream.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Me too - They're like a bitter-sweet reminder of where we don't want to go back to
Old 01-20-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Yep, I've had them exactly like yourself, woke up thought it was real until I realised no thick head, everything normal. What a relief.

It happened several times but less and less.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sure dbj, I've had them! Like Least said, a lot less frequently the longer I'm sober.

What do I do? Be grateful it's just a dream, talk about it and get those bad feelings out, just like you're doing.