Notices

I don't know what to say

Old 01-20-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Garen View Post
I am totally functional otherwise. .
"Functional Alcoholic" is merely a stage. It will eventually get worse. It's another trick the addiction likes to tell us to keep the alcohol flowing.

Some people drink for decades before they can't really function otherwise, some get there much quicker. The scary part is you don't know when you might start all day drinking, or have liver issues, or kill someone driving drunk.

If you have a problem, today is the best day to make a change.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If you think you are functioning ok now with alcohol, imagine how well you will do when you quit. Your whole life will change for the better. In time the alcohol isle and billboards won't interest you that much. I am trying to lose some weight and trust me, there is junk food everywhere. Not one of these marketing strategies is actually pinning us down and forcing poison down our throats. You can do this.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Garen

I spent years not eating so I could drink more - it's not the most sensible idea in the world.

As for alcohol being everywhere, I guess it is, but I genuinely don't notice it now.

You'll get there too Garen

D
Old 01-20-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Foo Fighter.

A very wise man once said, dont let the MFers win. Simple but it works for me, maybe it can work for you.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
EndGame

Whenever I bought a new car, I'd then notice the same make and model everywhere I turned.

When I first got sober, it seemed as though everyone drank everywhere I went. When I got used to my new car, I barely noticed other, similar models.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I have personally found that the whole "alcohol is everywhere" and "society makes me drink" excuse to be completely false
I agree not sure it is an excuse but I know what he is saying and I know what u r saying.

It seems all over the place in early sobriety. The thing you want to not think about is the one thing u think about most.