Notices

Paws?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Paws?

Have you experienced PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) and if so, what was it like for you? Thank you in advance :-D
Old 01-17-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I experienced a day here and a day there...for me it was like very confused, overwhelmed, felt fatigued, acted a little out of character...

D
Old 01-18-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Around 3 or 4 months in I had very bad mood swings and I was so fatigued. It didn't matter how much I slept I was exhausted. Trying to get thru each day was mentally exhausting and the littlest thing could irritate me. I was either resentful or I just felt extremely depressed. I think losing the booze is like losing your best friend and you go through a grieving process. The mental part of giving it up was much harder on me than the physical.

When I first quit it would be okay, then it would get bad, then good, then went to worse mentally and then got better again. My brain had to retrain itself and it just takes time and some bumps along the way. Most of us have abused our bodies so bad that it takes time for it to get better and reset itself again.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I had the typical symptoms: inability to concentrate, trouble sleeping, mood swings. It went away with time tho and now doesn't bother me at all. It will pass.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am feeling some sort of post withdrawals. It's only been 21 days so I think that my body is still in detox. PAWS will come soon for me.
Another night and I am awake again. Just woke up and can't fall back to sleep. Sorry you feel icky..
Old 01-18-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I feel like I have had a day of PAWS today, just lost and uncoordinated, bad concentration and not well but not sick and a little bit sad. I hope it doesn't last to long.

I had PAWS symptoms about 4 years ago when I gave up smoking.
I thought it wouldn't ever go away.

The vagueness and coordination problems and agitation, good for a few weeks and then back again.

I can't remember exactly when it stopped, it sort of just faded away.
The lack of concentration mixed with the agitation was the most frustrating.