Notices

Weekender thread! 17-19!!! Stay sober here!

Old 01-16-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Cool Weekender thread! 17-19!!! Stay sober here!

Hey everyone!!!!!

Got the jump on mecanix this weekend! Lol

Had a rough week. Things at my new job went sour due to an emotionally immature boss. The stress was high. Things are ok and my friend who is his boss...lol pays to know someone... Is going to move me to another team. Seems there was an established pattern of bad behavior before I arrived.

The point of me telling you? I am sober!!!!! And plan on staying that way.

I struggled like heck. But I got angry and said out loud that no one is worth giving them my sobriety! No one! I was close. Even stood in the booze isle in the store doing the whole back and forth in my little mind.

I just couldn't do it.

But this is about you! Stay sober with me here this weekend. I need you! Want to hear all about the goings on of the sober weekend brigade!

*Ring Ring*

Ken
Old 01-16-2014, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job Weasel!
You deserve a nice, sober weekend!

I am hopping on early, even though it is still Thursday night here and I am off to bed now. Have had a particularly crap week as well......but tomorrow is Friday and I have the weekend thread to look forward to!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Ken ,
thanks for starting it , i sometimes wonder just what i'm going to say as my life is so kinda content and calm , that there really isn't much to be talking about and i start to feel like mex the recovery parrot .

I'm glad you've made it through , it just isn't worth it for sure try not to drive yourself crazy with the option , it's no option and drinking isn't any kinda freedom just bondage .

I'm glad your dealing with the situation , now some patience and perseverance and using all those tools you've learned so far is what will get you through (and you can learn more and adapt) .

Keep on

Bestwishes, m
Old 01-16-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm in too although I might not be around much this weekend Xx
Old 01-16-2014, 10:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

*hugs thread and everyone in it*

5pm Friday here! Here's to a sober weekend ahead.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm in pls ! Oh and well done Ken !
Old 01-16-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Ken You must be my Maine friend. Hey Mecanix, my Pommie friend.

* ring ring * It's h-o-t here though in our area we are lucky, there is a stiff sea breeze blowing. There's plenty of cricket and tennis to watch these weekend, I've a bike to ride, a swim to take and friends to visit. Right now I'm about to cook a lemon carbonara pasta with asparagus, then for dessert we are having bowls of homemade chocolate ice cream. The sober life is good!

* ring ring * Come and join the fun weekenders!
Old 01-16-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Lol Ken, well done for getting in there first with the thread. I'm sorry you had a rough week, but glad you stayed sober and found a solution.

This week has been very busy and I'm exhausted, so this weekend can't come quickly enough. I'm in!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am joining this definitely. Day 4 for me so by the end of Sunday will be day 6 which will be an achievement!
Don't really want to do much this weekend- relax, read and watch some films. Little bit of exercise in the gym but easing in gradually.
Take care all!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Count me in!!

Just arrived at work, this is going to be a busy day, but they tend to go the quickest!!

I'm off the whole weekend, and no Ice Hockey this weekend, which I think is a first in months, that either wasn't happening!!

Gonna then need to be extra vigilent as a result, sitting in both Fri and Sat night might call for breaking out that boxset of "Band of Brothers" my sister gave me for Xmas, plus the NFL is on Sunday evening to look forward too!!

We can do this everyone!!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Yes will join too. Work tomorrow, off on Friday and then work on Sunday. AHHHH you people with cell bills who like argue, god love you all hahahahahahaha!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Just for the record I meant off on Saturday!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I am in there like swimwear!

It's another Holiday weekend for me, Monday off!

The weather is supposed to cooperate, so back on the shed project! Maybe I'll post a pic. I have to work today,though. The horror! The horror!
Old 01-17-2014, 02:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

weasey! i have missed you! i too had a very craptastic work week, hell it has been downhill sh!tful since our chairman died and the idiot took charge...
i've been struggling too and have major construction (gutted kitchen down to the studs)..cold and dirty no kitchen to cook..pictures on whiners.
i am owed $$, have to file union grievances and the planets are out of alignment...
the phuketts visit every night and whisper about cabernet.
i took today off..my own phukett and have monday off too....will try to make some sense of the mess.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Count me in for the weekend!
Old 01-17-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend. First Sober weekend in about six weekend. Had a month in November and I'm looking forward to my entire weekends again. Nothing huge planned but enough to keep me busy. Supposed to have a few stints of snow over the next 48 hours. Might have enough accumulate to make an early Sunday for me cleaning sidewalks at the church. Will be a nice change to be out clearing and salting without hangover at 630 am.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Weekends are sooooo hard because we love going out for wings and beer. I'm going to try to be strong. I'm really trying hard to live a healthy lifestyle, lose the 40 lbs I gained in two years of daily drinking (yikes!), get back into bodybuilding which I loved only a few short years ago, and be a better role model for my kids.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm in again. This weekend I'll be by myself all day Saturday. That used to be a trigger for me, but with my support here on SR, I really don't want to pick up. I've got a bit of schoolwork to do--plus, I hope to use the time as a quiet retreat day.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ring, ring--I'm in!

Sitting here, slamming coffees before hauling myself into the shower, then, heading off to work.

Happy Friday, friends!

P.S. I reached 6 months on Wednesday! For anyone who is just starting out, it (especially the weekends) really does get easier. There is NOTHING like enjoying (no hangover) Saturday, Sunday, and even Monday mornings.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm in. This will be my 4th consecutive weekend, so I plan on sticking around.