Notices

Weekender thread! 17-19!!! Stay sober here!

Old 01-17-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sign me up. In business school they teach you always have a plan or you will fail. My plan this weekend is to have a solid workout Saturday and Sunday. This always helps me ward off cravings.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sign me up. I'm on day 48, and I'm feelin' great.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am joining in. I am on day 3 and this will be my first sober weekend in about three years.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just checking in, the bedroom swap that didn't happen last weekend (me and DD) is underway ... Just dismantled DDs tent bed, mess everywhere... an episode of Total Wipeout just to get in the bathroom DS says.

I want to go to bed! Oh... I don't have one!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm on board, too. This will be my second weekend drink-free. Last weekend I found this forum and it helped me tremendously. It's occurred to me that this weekend could be a bit tougher because I'm feeling very good physically. At some point, I'll likely start to think that it's okay to have one beer or something like that. What I really need to do is a major winter cleaning of the house (I missed the spring entirely).

Best,
ODog
Old 01-17-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

count me in for the hardest weekend so far..4 days off but I will make it
Old 01-17-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Count me in too!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Jumping in as well! Seems like many of us had tough weeks. We need to stay vigilant in our sobriety so that we do not cave in, especially to those of us who have a long weekend. Having a plan is good; lots of activities to keep the hands and mind busy. I plan on going out to dinner tonight; nothing great at the movies so not sure what after dinner will look like. Saturday I have my granddaughter's 3rd birthday party. Sunday night I have to chaperone my school's Winter Ball. I have a community service event I'm attending for Martin Luther King Day on Monday so plan on being up bright and early. In between all of this I'm thinking reading, grocery shopping, and perhaps a swim at a local hotel.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Count me in!!! Third weekend sober, here I come. Taking a day off from working out today, so I can hit some longer runs this weekend. Really looking forward to it. I have been listening to books on tape while I run and it is really relaxing.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Signing up for a sober weekend
Old 01-17-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm in, too. Had a fairly good and busy work week.

Oldest son coming back from university to have dinner tonight. Both boys have a three day holiday weekend.

Unusually warm here, in the mid-80's and I'd like to take a bike ride to the beach at some point, about a 35-mile round trip.

Be safe, everyone!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm in. Snowy 3-day weekend here in the North. That means books, movies, and music in front of the fire.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Magsie

And me please 5pm Friday evening x
Old 01-17-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm in! Glad the weekend is here. I have been a tad frazzled lately. Friday has always been my favorite day of the week and luckily, even though I no longer drink, I still love Fridays. Go figure!

I have an interesting experiment tomorrow evening. My boss has been extremely stressed (brother dying of cancer) and so she invited a bunch of girlfriends (me included) to a Girls Night Out to watch a band play. She knows that I have quit drinking and I quickly offered to be the designated driver so I am confident that I won't drink. I am very curious as to how I will feel being out in this kind of venue being the only one not drinking, though. Annoyed? Resentful? Happy and having fun anyway? Bottom line, this will be very interesting for me . . . .
Old 01-17-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm in! Like D.D. I've been frazzled - I think it's because this is the first full week of work I have had since before Christmas. And I have a short week next week since Monday is a holiday - extend the weekend thread for the U.S. participants? I just feel like sleeping.

To everyone with job issues - It does pay to know the supervisor's boss though. Awesome that you stayed sober Weasel AND got switched to a new team. Job related stuff is so stressful even if you aren't an alcoholic. Add booze to the mix and you have a toxic cocktail.

I am fortunate that I only drank myself down a bunch of rungs on the ladder and not out of a job completely.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I've got 30 days, again, after my slip in Nov/Dec. Thoughts of going to the liquor store popped into mind today, but instead I hopped on here and am staying put for the night. Husband is going to cook out a flank steak and make soft tacos tonight. One of my favorites, with homemade guac. Sometimes I really miss margaritas with Mexican. But, tequila always gave me the worst hungover (probably because my margaritas were mostly straight tequila and hardly any mix ) Will have some lime seltzer instead tonight.

Stay strong everyone. We can all get through this!!
Old 01-17-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend. Sunday will give me 4 weeks sober so I've gotta do this. Although, admittedly, I've had a rough few days and already had to pass up an invite for a friend's birthday bash tonight. This weekend is going to test me, but thank goodness for SR.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm in . . . I've made good progress this month, and don't want to slip . . . I've let my guard down before, particularly on a weekend after a work week of not drinking.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday. Just went out for a nice breakfast and heading off to a meeting shortly. Then I'll prolly come home and watch tv or read :-)
Old 01-17-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Count me in for a sober weekend! This will be number 20! I can hardly believe that! Sometimes staying sober feels like all I have going for me. This week hasn't been great but I have been trying to be gentle with myself. Date night was cancelled tonight because my date has food poisoning. I am stuck at home procrastinating on my assignments and feeling melancholy. Needed to jump on here, I am home alone with a practically limitless supply of alcohol. I don't want to drink, I just want to feel better. Glad we are all here to help each other thru. I am going to start tackling that homework!