Notices

still here, still fighting

Old 01-16-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

still here, still fighting

hey all

Ippochick here. i had to re-register as my soon-to-be-ex-husband found my laptop open and felt the need to trawl all my posts and PMs. i asked him what he thought he was achieving and he reverted to 'i don't know'.

so anyway. we are separating. i am moving on 02 February to a one bedroom apartment in town. he is helping me financially, and my somewhat-estranged daughter is seemingly excited by my move. this is amazing for me as she has been living with her dad since my last major drunk and subsequent suicide attempt last September.

folks, i am conflicted. excited about the new start. but saddened that at 40 years of age my life still fits in the back of a Transit van.

anyway, still in AA, still alive, still fighting the good fight.

x
Old 01-16-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

look forward, not backward

as they say, you can let a bird land on your head but dont let it build a nest
Old 01-16-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA member

Waves to you ippochick,it will be a new start and a chance to focus on your recovery.

Wishing you well.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me when I was 34. I never looked back and was so happy to have my own space. My daughter used to stay with me a lot as I had a large bedroom with a spare bed and eventually I got a bigger place ans she came back. There were a few ups and downs over the subsequent years. But I got my mind a body back together properly in the end. The separating from the husband was the first in a succession of positive steps towards my goal. It was so nice to have girly things around. I went to bargain basements and bought really pretty ornaments and stuff. We would eat what we liked when we liked and the workload to keep the place nice was lessened. I hope you enjoy your new start. I was brought up to believe (by my mother) that is was compulsory to be in a relationship and a cohabiting situatiom. Well it isn't xxxxxxx
Old 01-16-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Realising my life

A new name as well as a new start, chickippo And a new relationship with your daughter to go with it, it seems! Grab it - and don't worry about the transit van, the most important thing you're carrying is the potential for true happiness and you don't need a vehicle for that!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks all! and Kate - you have given me a smile!

all of you...

Old 01-16-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're still sober and handling what life throws at you.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This will give you the chance to really focus on just you. Don't forget your family here also.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

don't get me wrong - i'm no saint. i picked up in the middle of December and it was deliberate - things between me and husband were bad. since i was in AA he started going out drinking til 4am and resenting friends i made in the fellowship (note: not one of my female 'friends' from my drinking days has contacted me) and i ran off to a hotel and drank to prove we were over. it was self-destructive and it went bad really fast and i won't be doing that again.

and now i'm leaving, he is almost delighted.

i have the support of AA, my mental health team and my list of AA contacts. onwards and upwards!!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That sounds like it will work out good for you. The friends I thought would be supportive are out of my life, and the ones I never thought of as good friends have been amazingly supportive.