Notices

Being sober sucks

Old 01-16-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

For myself personally, the more I analyzed the "high" I got when buzzed / drunk, the more I realized it really wasn't all that great, and that there are in fact no benefits at all to drinking alcohol. It's all just a massive brainwashing campaign. We have generations of family members who have been conditioned to drink alcohol, we have TV advertisements showing pictures of young people having a great time at a pub in the Rocky Mountains, and so on and so forth. It shows how powerful marketing is.

Alcohol is a poison - plain and simple.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I used to think being sober meant reading boring things, going to boring meetings and missing pills and booze for the rest of my life. Like it was going to be punishment for my using.

WRONG! Yeah, it sucks in the beginning, but then comes the freedom..to spend the rest of my life able to choose what to do, no longer led around by the nose by a drug/alcohol addiction. No longer ruining my health, hiding from the law, and harming friends and family.

I learned to live without that crutch. But for me, living wasted wasn't fun anymore. Living wasted HAD become the life sentence. Now I am free.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skatebowls View Post

What I'm saying is it's easier to get high then to do something to change my life.

that almost seems true at times

exactly what the devil wishes for us to believe

Mountainman
Old 01-16-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

If the definition of "exciting" is not being able to function without knowing how far away your fix is,
Or being in a panic every time you drive for fear of being discovered,
or being bedridden for days recovering,
or waking up and putting your head in a toilet to dry heave until your next drink,
Or being in a social situation that revolves completely around being impaired,

You can have it.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The only real party animals are dead musicians from the 70s/80s and actors from the 60s. Most of the ones who are still alive and are still kicking butt are clean and sober now (Nikki Sixx, All of Aerosmith, Ozzy, Alice Cooper, even keith richards...). Us normal people who pretend to be "party animals" are not really fun people to be around and its such a false existence that is really not much of a life, especially as our addictions start to kill us. They are just the ones who puke first, start fights first, have to be looked after first and die first....I almost did. I'd take this calm tranquility where I have time to pause and think with clarity over getting loaded any day now. It's better like this, and im not just saying that.