Notices

Here we go again

Old 01-14-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again

I have quit drinking SO many times. In '07 (basically drunk for 15 years) I quit for 3 years. Since then I have been at it hard. In the past 12 months, I have quit about 10-15 times. Most of the time I go about 2 days. Last Tuesday, I quit again. It was a rough week. Sunday I had such a crazy nightmare that I literally stood up in my bed with my fists in front of me screaming. Monday, I bought a 5th on my way home from work. Tomorrow (Wednesday) I am am quitting for good.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome 2001cvpi

I hope being here and being part of this community will help make the difference for you

D
Old 01-14-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do it!

When you wake up tomorrow, go straight to this forum and read your message and the responses. Do it again throughout the day. And, especially right before you head home from work.

You want this! You can do it!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats 2001cpvi :-)

I'm so happy for you .

You sound like you have literally had a gutful.

You've definitely come to the right place , i came here on a whim after 15 drunken , crazy years and it was affecting my health .

We are all in the same boat here .

Sick n tired of being sick n tired .

I can tell you really want this ..

Good luck and keep posting :-)))) xxx

Old 01-15-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I quit many, many times, too. I joined here six years ago (under a different name) and have been sober for three years. Took me awhile.
You've found a great place for support. Glad to have you here.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good decision x
Old 01-15-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Today you gave me a gift; the gift of helping me stay sober today.

I don't want to quit that many times over. I want to live sober and avoid that darkness.

I've quit (actually made an earnest effort to quit and had some months of sobriety) and I've gone back - a few times. I want those days behind me and a happy life of sobriety ahead.

Stories like yours remind me; it doesn't get better, only worse.

I wish you well in your choice of the sober path and from what you describe, I hope you'll work with a Doctor and counselor and consider including AA in your recovery.

You can do it!

Old 01-15-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm impressed you had 3 years of sobriety under your belt. How did you do that then? Can you use the same techniques and support groups you used now? I'm finding that I learn with every mistake how better to fight off the AV that plagues me. That's my hope, anyway. Best of luck to you. We're all in it together.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The best laid plans of mice and men...
I didn't quit on the 15th as I had planned. Furthermore, I have been hitting it ridiculously hard since. Much heavier drinking than ever before.
Tonight it IS for real. I am home with my kids. The only booze in the house is my wife's beer, of which she knows how many are left. There is no valid excuse I can make to get out of the house to get a bottle.

I am actually looking forward to waking up soaked all night tonight! When I actually quit before, I thought of all that sweat as sickness running from my body.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes for this attempt 2001cvpi.

Like I said last time being a part of this community can really make a difference - don't hesitate to use us

D
Old 01-27-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It is literally toxins being flushed from your system.

I'm glad you're back and giving it another go.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

At least you're here tonight, 2001. That's all any of us are promised.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome friend! This is the place if you want to quit. It was asked above but I ask again because it was so important to me to figure out... what is your plan? What worked last time when you quit for 3 years?

It sounds like you would run out and buy a bottle if you could, and that isn't a plan, that is being forced to not go buy a bottle, and being forced to quit tonight isn't going to help you tomorrow This site and member cans tho, share some and a plan can be made.

I will tell you tho, after work on the way home haas been the hardest part, mostly habit I guess because once I get home and on to other activities I have been fine. But still, even today I had cravings all the way home and it takes all I can not to go buy some booze. What i keep in mind is as soon as I do, I have sealed the fate of the rest of my evening, and most of the next day...and I have done that enough time for something new.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

When I quit for 3 years I was active in the church. I had just been saved and just like a light switch I lost all desire to drink. I really don't have a plan. I'm just tired of of this living this way. I'm tired of hiding and lying. I'm tired of being half lit and blowing up at people.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I quit for 3 months..relapsed bad this weekend. I'm with you..we have to make it this time.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I woke up every 1 to 1 1/2 hours last night and it was still the most rested I've felt in a while. So driving home from class tonight, I knew I'd have to pass right by my favorite liquor store. This is the placed where I just walk in and whichever clerk is working automatically grabs a bottle of gin. I made sure a favorite song was blasting and said a quiet, "F you" as I drove right past. Getting better.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by 2001cvpi View Post
...I really don't have a plan...
Well, give thought to one. One that might include some sort of support. On your own, your committment to quit seems to waiver.

SR is a good start. Avail yourself to it.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Welcome back
Why not quit today instead of tomm?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Monday was my first sober day. Today (Friday) was a really lousy day at work. As the day got crappier, I was really working hard at telling myself that while stopping for a bottle on the way home might sound like a stress reliever, it wasn't the answer.
When quitting time came, I thought about how much I didn't want to have wasted this whole week's worth of fighting. The funny thing is, if I had had a few drinks to relax, I would've surely had a dozen more by now. Then I would be completely flying off the handle at anyone and everyone and feeling that I earned it because work was such crap.
After NOT drinking, I was 2 blocks from the office and leaving all of that behind.

The only major problem I'm having is sleep. Still takes forever to fall asleep. Still waking up every hour or so. I guess that will change with time...