Notices

Need post detox help in mass

Old 01-14-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need post detox help in mass

i was released from detox 4 says ago and im homeless, i need to get into a c.s.s. or t.s.s. program, or any kind of long term treatment... im basically being told i have to use again, try to get into a detox, and then its still not guaranteed that ill get a bed... i dont want to use again but i almost see no other option.. please help!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you tried the Salvation Army?

The Salvation Army Family Stores: Rehabilitation Program
Old 01-14-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

unfortionately im not allowed back in there programs for i burned that bridge a few times with my addiction and im only 23. ive already done so much damage.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

how about a ymca, church group may have suggestion, the salvation army
Old 01-14-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dedeus12 View Post
unfortionately im not allowed back in there programs for i burned that bridge a few times with my addiction and im only 23. ive already done so much damage.
Maybe if you explained you've quit, they might listen? I don't know what to suggest as I'm in the UK and don't know how things work over there
Old 01-14-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

http://www.massresources.org/homelessness.html
Old 01-14-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am in Atlanta so I don't know the area. Here are some listings I found on the internet. Detox Facilities Boston MA - detox facilities, Boston MA residential treatment facilities, Boston MA drug addicts, Boston MA drug rehabilitation program, Boston MA alcohol abuse

Your situation is not unique. It is very common. It will be OK. Just stay in the moment. Don't think about tomorrow or next month. Do the best thing for yourself in every moment. Good luck to you. You are so young and your whole life is about to open and get better.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dedeus - please stay in touch and let us all know how you're getting on
Old 01-14-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

ive called every place on the internet in mass, and they keep telling me i need to go thru detox, i have 6 days clean since i completed detox. and even if i get high again and go thru detox its still not guaranteed
Old 01-14-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stay sober. You need your head clear to think this out. You'll find something to help if you work on it.

We're here for you.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The # for the Massachusetts Substance Abuse Helpline is; 1.800.327.5050 When I was looking for treatment, that's where I called.

They were extremely helpful/understanding, and VERY kind!! They will hear out your situation and tell you which resources are available to you. I could've never figured out where/how to go to treatment without their help.

Give it a try, and let me know how it goes!
ESN
Old 01-14-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My friend went through that. They did not accept her because she had no drugs in her sytem. They said she has to be in detox to get in. I think that is strange. I understand the logistics of it I guess, but still seems unfair. I wish you luck with today.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

dedeus:
You're in a tough situation but it's not worth picking up, stopping your sobriety just to get the kind of treatment you want or deserve. All I can say is hang in there. It will require willpower and guts but it will get easier over time. Don't pick up, don't give in. Explore the various shelters, facilities available to you and resolve that, whatever happens, whatever comes your way, you're going to get well. And keep posting on this SR. We care about you.

W.