Notices

Need help

Old 01-14-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I understand the scared straight attempts because this is the second friend that has cirrohosis of the liver and both got it from drinking and neither one can get a liver transplant because they would have to quit drinking
Old 01-14-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Mr B

Sorry you are going through this ... But when it comes to people like us with the disease / alcoholism the only people that can help is ourselves! We have to want it for ourselves because if we try and do it for others we have a higher risk of relapsing in my experience!!!!

I myself had to lose a lot in my life before I realized that I had a problem! No matter how many people or family try to tell me that I did I not listen because I was willing to admit that I was an alcoholic! It wasn't until I got in trouble again and was jailed that I realized that I was powerless over alcohol and I needed help! Since then I've admitted that yes, I have a problem and I'm working on it! But it took a lot of legal problems, losing family and friends to realize this!

On a good note.... Since I've admitted it on my own and doing what I need to do to stay sober I'm slowly aging my family back!!!

Wish you the best and hope he sees his problem!

DBJ