Notices

day 7

Old 01-12-2014, 10:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy day 7

Hi, I'm a newbie. I have been silently struggling with wanting to stop drinking now for about 2 yrs. 2013 was by far the worst year of my life and over the past two years I cannot believe all the stupid things I have done while drinking.
y
I hate myself for it as I have 3 beautiful young children that I have been missing grow up becaue I would rather get drunk. I I've broken teeth, gotten 7 stitches under my chin, cut so bad I had to go to the hospital for 14 stitches (when I woke up I didn't even realize I had cut till I moved my arm and then had to go to the hospital hung) blacked out at the lake in a boat with my two youngest (thank god for our good family friend who got me and the kids and tucked me into bed at 4 in the afternoon) embarrassed my self many times for being belligerent.

The fact that im 27 stay at home mom with everything makes me feel even worse.

I am 7 days sober and I'm scared thaT if I ever drink another drink I will not be able to stop again. 7days feels like N eternity. One thing that I am thankful for though is my husband is stopping drinking as well. That is the only way I can stay sober.... At least for now.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Krissy

The good thing is one thing has changed for 2014 - you've joined us

There's a lot of support and ideas here - I'm glad you've found us.

D
Old 01-12-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can be an excellent example for your kids - they are young! They've got lots of minutes, hours, days, months to be with their mom and dad, in a sober situation.

We beat ourselves up so badly, and have so many regrets (many many!). But, these can also be debilitating. Yes lots of what went on was awful, reviewing it doesn't help, but changing for the better makes all the difference.

I am preaching to myself too, btw.

Congrats to you, change is on the horizon! I know it is scary, sad, BUT, you are blazing a new trail.

Happy Family to you!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning,
Welcome, I focus on today, just 24hrs...at first for me it seemed like forever but when I look at it in just 24hrs it seems so much easier. My wife had quit drinking for me too when I went into treatment and today it is so awesome!!

Keep it up

Matt
Old 01-13-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Everything u did is in ur past u cannot Change it but u can change who u are right now.
Keep ur chin up. We are here for u
I am 28 n a mummy too so if u ever want to chat I am here for u xxx
Old 01-13-2014, 01:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Everyday you stay Sober, the easier it gets. You have had a week of hell no doubt, but your coming out of that week a stronger healthier and soon a happier person.
When you escape the lions den, remember dont go back for your hat. (Best quote I saw written here on SR and it so true), all that is behind you now.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Krissy
Old 01-13-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Krissy
Old 01-13-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Conggrats on 7 days. Your hiusband sounds fab xxxx
Old 01-13-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks you everyone, I never thought it would come to this. An innocent little drink. It is stupid. And not worth my time
Old 01-13-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Tea Drinker

Welcome Krissy Try not to beat yourself up about the past as those negative emotions make it harder to stay sober. Focus on now and better days ahead for you and the little ones Well done on getting to 7 days, that's fab
Old 01-13-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome, Krissy.

Alcohol has a bad habit of making us feel that we hate ourselves, it's a terrible addiction. The good thing is, though, once we remove alcohol from the equation, we usually find out that we don't really hate ourselves at all, but it was all just a result of the terrible combination of the devastation alcohol does to our mind/emotions/confidence and the incorrect perception that the drunk us is the real us, when in fact it's not. Good luck!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

As someone who is 3 days sober right now, I congratulate you on 7 days ! Have the withdrawal symptoms started to ease at all ?
Old 01-13-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good job Krissy!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

How are your symptoms? Mine get aweful. I need to detox.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

HI Krissie,

Welcome!

I think many of us become people we don't want to be when we drink. I became a person that I hated. But, know for sure that you can do this, and you can be the person and the mother you want to be.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The first two days I'm super depressed and tired and anxious and nauseous. By day 3 and 4 I was feeling better. I started excersising again and am usually, other than drink, a very healthy person. I take ativan for my anxiety and found one a night, around 5pm really helped. I haven't taken it now for 2 days and feel good about that. I have been seeing a psychiatrist for the past 6 months and just started taking about the drinking with her my last app.
My next app. With her is in half an hour and not sure what to say. She is not an addiction counsellor but a mentaL health doctor (i have major depression since 9yrs old) but I know that has helped in my drinking getting to the point it is.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I see a lot of myself in what you described minus being a mother. Welcome to SR and congratulations on 7 days!