Notices

response to all the kindness

Old 01-11-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

response to all the kindness

Wow, so cool that so many people responded to my first post welcoming me. Thanks again to you all.
Interesting what happened last night at work:
I get there and nothing out of the ordinary was going on but I started getting really annoyed over nothing and before I knew it, I was having this temper tantrum inside. Luckily we were busy so I could bury myself in work. My rational mind kept saying that there's no reason for this other than.my mind trying to trick me into getting drunk. It eventually passed but it sure sucked. I got sober Jan. 2 and that was the first real test I had so far. But I made it!
I think I'd like to check out CBT for anger issues. Anyone know any good links?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Those tantrums suck!! It's good you recognized it for what it was. It will get easier. :-)
Old 01-11-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Trick!
I love your attitude! Good for you just seeing the tantrum for what it really is and IMO even more important you seen that it passes! This will serve you very well.

Just google CBT. You will find a ton of helpful sites. I think the fun is seeing which one you like and works for you. I tried everything at first. Not kidding. I downloaded more apps, watched more YouTube, tedtalks, read more books on positive thinking, took more quizzes online, and even went to some meetings. I tried it all. I walked away with what took me in the direction I needed to go and left what didn't. Everybody is different and I will never tell anyone what can work for them.

All I can say is what has helped me. And I found that the more open I was to trying the more I found what worked. Including SR.

The journey of finding the real me began when I quit. It's been a hell of a journey. Most of the fun was the doing it. It wasn't always easy and it wasn't always fun but I saw the benefits.

I can summarize what worked for me pretty simple. I stopped drinking by whatever means necessary. I started putting in the work. I quit trying to think my problems away and I got going actually doing something about them. I asked for help when I needed it and helped when I could.

Great job! Really. Seeing what happened for what it really is is huge!
Old 01-11-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on staying sober when the going gets rough.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic- you worked through it, that is really great progress. Good for you.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh, those tantrums! Good job recognizing it was happening, next time may be easier.