Notices

BYOB Wine & Painting class

Old 01-11-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

BYOB Wine & Painting class

Just wanted to drop by and let you guys know that I attended a BYOB wine & painting class last night with a couple of friends. I had purchased a Groupon a few weeks prior to quitting alcohol.

Yours truly stuck to her bottled water while everyone else drank their bottles of wine. One girl was in front of me discarding her art supplies in a sink and she was hiccuping all over the place. Too much wine, methinks.

The paintings came out beautiful and.. I just think it's a symbol of my new lifestyle. The moon shown brightly in my painting. The instructor even complimented it. My trees were absolutely horrible but we can work on that

Happy Saturday, kids. Remember to smile today.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Atta girl !!!! Keep up the great work.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
OX

That's great. I used to think that to be a great artist, in any media, one had to be drunk and troubled. So glad my thoughts were misguided.

Are you going to keep painting?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been to a couple social events now sober, it's a little strange not having the liquid courage, but all have gone well and I enjoyed myself. Bonus to not feel foggy the next morning. A couple people got pretty trashed at these events, seems so ridiculous now, now I know how looked to normal drinkers.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

That's really inspiring. Great job!! xxxxx
Old 01-11-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How cute are you. Just looking at your picture makes me smile and quite frankly is a great reason alone to remember why drinking sucks. It covers up all that cuteness in us all.

Two big grinning thumbs up to you too!!
Thanks!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's great you stayed sober -well done

I would urge caution though.I know for me, being at events where alcohol was flowing or being around people drinking in very early recovery would have had me reaching for a drink too. Please don't underestimate how it can hit you out of the blue when you don't expect it. I drank twice last year at 6 weeks sober,both times when I was with others drinking.The urge/craving totally hit me unexepctedly out of the blue. For me getting sober has been about changing my lifestyle.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, I bet your vanishing points were a bit more accurate too

I was in a band once where we drank heavily at every practice. While writing songs, we were sure things sounded one way then when we listened to the practice tapes sober we were like, "that sucks!" Now, I can't even imagine writing/creating music drunk or on anything.

This said, I also want to throw a note of caution out there. Over the years, I had many relapses connected to playing music. Sometimes, I remember getting caught off guard. Sometimes, I just did not feel strong enough to stick it out. And sometimes, I'd make it through a practice sober, but it took so much work that I got drunk on my own later. Not saying you'll do this, but just a heads up. Also, today, I feel confident playing music sober and staying true to my sobriety, so none of this means that we must stay away from our creative outlets forever.

Have fun, Nikka, you sound like an introspective person who enjoys creativity and life in general-but keep your sobriety in your thoughts and plans. Have fun, but stay vigilant.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

A nice experience you had on a BYOB wine and painting class. I have also attend BYOB wine and painting classes of Art of Merlot but till I can't find any single painting of mine that grabs any attraction to the viewers. So you seems to be a good painter than me.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good on you