Notices

I Know what my Body is Calling for...........

Old 01-10-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Know what my Body is Calling for...........

I'm down to two beers and the last few days I get kinda shaky and nervous. Know my body is wanting that drink. Right now, I'm really hyper and feeling out of sorts. I know this is nothing compared to what will happen when I am down to zero drinking. Just wanna get to Tuesday. I'm praying. Heart beat is getting faster, nauseaus, dizzy, my body is demanding that beer. I'll make it wait til I usually have it. 5 pm..............

Counting down the days.........
Old 01-10-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is hard kris.

You feel better in your sober future, but you are right the start of recovery is hard.

It will get better
Old 01-10-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just wait til you're sober and living the good sober life. It's worth the effort.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would seek the advice of a doctor since you're expeianceing withdrawal symptoms. Better safe than sorry.
Best to you.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well just remember - you never have to feel this way again.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's very strongly advised to seek medical help/detox at this point.

BE WELL
Old 01-11-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I would agree with the others Kris, withdrawal is nothing to fool around with if you start getting serious symptoms. Please seek help.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kris, from what I've read, you've done amazingly well - how about letting your Doctor help you over that final hurdle?
Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

God, thank you all. I'm getting weepy again. I'm gonna do this. Sorry to be such a baby.

My doctor appt is on Tuesday. Don't know if he'll help as he is a new doctor in a new place.

I'll see how it goes and if I need to, will just go to the ER before then. Last detox was on my own 3 years ago.

This morning I am feeling okay, just kinda blue. Hopefully I can make it to my appt without too much concern.

Would that be right?

I think it's just the memories flooding back from last time I tried this.

Hang in there everyone.

Kris47
Old 01-11-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Go to the ER now if you're having a tough time. It;s what it's there for x
Old 01-11-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

ER sounds good to me - why suffer needlessly and you've been SO strong - no shame in getting a little help to get that final 'bump' out of the way
Old 01-11-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

good luck Kris...

we're here for you and we all want you to be sober.

You can do this.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm okay for right now. Just the emotions coming out after all these years. I cry for happy, cry for sad. lol.

Never did a medical detox, ER, or got help doing this. Don't know what to expect. Also worried about the meds. Don't want to have to come down off of them too.

Kris
Old 01-11-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Tears are God's release valve. Let them flow! Pulling for you, Kris!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Sweet Kris - you are NOT a baby. You are in the fight for your life. And you are afraid.
Let it out. And let go. Crying is very very healing on a deep level. Give yourself permission to love yourself through this. Nurture yourself and be gentle with you.

Also, realize that there are physiological and neurological reasons behind your flood of emotions. Couple that with letting go of a perceived "best friend".

It can feel like you are abandoning yourself, when in all reality you have decided to save your life.

Be well dear one.

XO AO
Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
I'm okay for right now. Just the emotions coming out after all these years. I cry for happy, cry for sad. lol.

Never did a medical detox, ER, or got help doing this. Don't know what to expect. Also worried about the meds. Don't want to have to come down off of them too.

Kris
I did a medical detox for the first time at the beginning of December. I was VERY afraid because I didn't know what to expect. Please don't let your worry keep you away from that option! It was probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

You will only be on medication during your acute phase off withdrawal, and not long enough to become addicted and experience "coming down". These doctors know what they're doing. They have PHD's and specialities and whatnot! :-)

You can expect to be there for a few days, and to leave with follow up appointments/ treatment plan in hand- along with prescriptions if needed.

Everyone was very nice to me, not that I was the easiest patient! I was surprised by how INCREDIBLY helpful it was for me. If you have medical insurance and are able to go to detox- I would encourage it wholeheartedly.

Just wanted to give you more insight and hopefully alleviate any fears you may have. If you ever want any help to find a facility or anything- let me know. I'm happy to help if I'm able.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The only detox I've done is an outpatient at home detox with meds. I've taken benzos for three months off and on due to repeated detoxing and relapsing.

I've gotten like 13 days sober and I had NO ill effects of coming down from the benzos. I'm no doctor, but that was my experience.

EverySingleNight nailed it. They give you benzos to up-regulate GABA receptors which causes the alcohol withdrawal. Taking the benzos for a few days while your brain adjusts to the lack of evil booze, alleviates every withdrawal symptom for me. The weirdest part of taking them is being sober after 5:00 P.M. I didn't feel any side effects of benzos. I just felt normal.

I had abdominal pain from ulcers, digestive issues, and all that, but that's because I've torn up my digestive tract with the copious amount of alcohol it had to take in everyday and process.

And the people in detox centers know WAY more than I do. They have a job to sober you up. You won't be the first patient there crying and you wont be the last.

My last detox I sat and cried on my wife's shoulder and blogged on this site. There's no pride in any of it. You do what you can do to get sober. Everything else is secondary and doesn't mean squat in my opinion.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good Point!!

Originally Posted by EverySngleNight View Post
I did a medical detox for the first time at the beginning of December. I was VERY afraid because I didn't know what to expect. Please don't let your worry keep you away from that option! It was probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

You will only be on medication during your acute phase off withdrawal, and not long enough to become addicted and experience "coming down". These doctors know what they're doing. They have PHD's and specialities and whatnot! :-)

You can expect to be there for a few days, and to leave with follow up appointments/ treatment plan in hand- along with prescriptions if needed.

Everyone was very nice to me, not that I was the easiest patient! I was surprised by how INCREDIBLY helpful it was for me. If you have medical insurance and are able to go to detox- I would encourage it wholeheartedly.

Just wanted to give you more insight and hopefully alleviate any fears you may have. If you ever want any help to find a facility or anything- let me know. I'm happy to help if I'm able.
That is great tat you have made a start. It really would be wise to be monitored. The body can only handle so much shock at once. I went through similar. Take one step and one day at a time. Do not hide or express if and when you feel like the world is weighing down on you. Because it feels that way often and therapy and aide during detox helps so much.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I CAN'T SAY IT TO ANYONE HERE ENOUGH, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME ( NEVER USE THAT WORD) AND I WISH I COULD HUG EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU.

only A FEW MORE DAYS TO GO.