Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread come join us , let's get through , 10th , 11th & 12th jan 2014

Notices

weekend thread come join us , let's get through , 10th , 11th & 12th jan 2014

Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Signed in for another sober weekend.

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." - Alfred Hitchcock. At Universal Studios in Orlando we once sat in the Hitchcock Attraction to cool off and relax our young kids. It turned out to be my favorite exhibit in the park. Alfred Hitchcock = brilliant man
Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
Still trying to figure out a plan for when I get home though.
Whenever I'm feeling that tingle for after work drinking, I go home and make myself a nice meal with a dessert of ice cream. I toss caution to the wind on it being healthy and consider that my indulgence instead of drinking. Plus, the big meal makes me tired and takes the edge off.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Zeldafan, I can't wait to say the same thing. Sounds like we use to have similar Friday night routines.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm in for another sober weekend. Kids are in bed. House is quiet. Warming up some tea. Gonna check the tv in a few and call it an early night. My body wants to rest--pushed it at the gym a bit this morning.

Stay focused, everyone. We got this.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
Zeldafan, I can't wait to say the same thing. Sounds like we use to have similar Friday night routines.
You will get there and it will hit you out of nowhere. I still vividly recall the first day I went from waking up until getting in bed at night without the thought of drinking. Those days are rare but the AV that used to be so loud in my head is down to a quiet whisper that I can quickly silence. I was so relieved when that transition happened without expecting it. The key is to still acknowledge it because I know at any time that whisper can start shouting again.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Trying to get the kids to bed and keep one determined cat off the iPad. For such a small cat she is remarkably like a bulldozer. I have never had such a pushy cat.

No cravings here except for some peace and quiet. Soon the children will be sleeping and I will be too.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Woo hoo! made it through friday! Friday is a big trigger day for me. Feeling good about taking on Saturday! Hang in there everyone!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Yay to making it through Friday! Good night everyone.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Gratefully here!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Olive1-it's an AMAZING show. You'll love it! And there's two seasons so it'll definitely keep you busy

Newhope01-have a plan before you get home so you won't be tempted to drink. You'll be so happy when you wake up tomorrow feeling awesome!

ZeldaFan-good for you! You give me hope. This is my first weekend sober in a long time. It feels good.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi all I join this thread every weekend and then forget to post in it. Everything is fine - no cravings etc but then I have been stopping and starting since August (usually make it a month) so I'm pretty much used to it by now. This year though, I'm planning to smash through that elusive month barrier and make it to 2015 booze-free.

Hope you're all well Xx
Old 01-10-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Checking in from Australia. Saturday afternoon here. I am on vacation from work and completely lost track of days. I was surprised to see the weekend thread!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForMe423 View Post
Olive1-it's an AMAZING show. You'll love it! And there's two seasons so it'll definitely keep you busy
Alas, it will not let me watch the prior seasons on demand episodes.
But it looks like there is a marathon of it all day tomorrow, don't know if it starts from the beginning, but I will watch anyway and fill in the blanks later.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Wow...that worked out then! Lol
Old 01-10-2014, 10:23 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

There are some drunk drunk people posting on FB right now - I am so glad I am not one of them!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:26 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Finally, a keyboard that I can type on! Lovely to see everyone on here. I see Louise is buying a new umbrella. I would rather be in London with a new umbrella than here in Chicago without one...after enduring almost a week of sub zero temperatures and a foot of snow it is pouring rain today. And I don't have an umbrella. I will be soaked and frozen by the time I get to my train. But it is Friday and I can change into my pajamas and make some coffee after picking up the kids from my parents' house. Maybe my mom will feed us.
Aw Ruby, I hope you keep safe and warm this weekend. Cosy up to your kids!

Marius - no one can make you drink. You can't control the people at work but they can't control you either. Hang tough, you're doing great!

Renarde - I still cringe when I remember the stuff I used to drunk-post on Twitter and Facebook. Thank God I'm now free from all that. What a relief that I'm not "that girl" anymore!

mecanix and weasel - it's great that the weekend thread is one year old! Thanks for all the work you've done on it over the past year.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey y'all ,
glad to see everyone sticking together , having a chat , dealing with the stuff life throws at us in healthy ways (even if it requires some patience)

Hey ForMe423 hows things over there in NY ? how cold is it ? is there snow ?

Just pottering around here in the UK after waking up about 15mins ago, it's about 7:45 so i'm just going to shuffle down stairs and make some coffee .

It's still nice to wake up in the morning without a hangover and not have to wonder what you did the night before , it's also nice to not find any wreckage from drunken stumbles/ falls , furniture knocked over , computers trod on , drink spilt , things cremated in the oven

So i'm happy and grateful for this sober saturday morning , a chance to try again , a chance to make the next decision the right one .

Good morning to you (good evening easty friends) , m
Old 01-11-2014, 12:31 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Old 01-11-2014, 12:32 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hey Mecanix same here, I woke up 7:45, after some pretty messed up dreams (I did watch 'the shining' last night though!!). But it is still so much better not to have a hangover, I'm gonna do something nice today, and so should all of you!

Thanks for all of you being here, I wasn't feeling good yesterday after a bad day, but today is a new Saturday and I feel so much more like my old (good) self again.

Good Saturday y'all
Old 01-11-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

morning campers Just a quick check in as wrist still hurting. Have a great day all!