Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread come join us , let's get through , 10th , 11th & 12th jan 2014

Notices

weekend thread come join us , let's get through , 10th , 11th & 12th jan 2014

Old 01-10-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Joining in - will hit day 139 on Monday!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hello Marius ,
early recovery is a roller-coaster of emotions both up and down , stick with it , it will get better , if it doesn't then be sure and visit a Dr .
I find watching funny films helps , i like u-tube .

Have a cry if you feel like crying , have some nice food , you will feel better for having delt with it healthily tomorrow

Sobriety can be difficult sometimes but for this alcoholic a sober life is very worthwhile, sometimes sobriety means we have to learn how to deal with uncomfortable feelings for longer than we used to in our drinking days, it does change and it does get better , feelings change and get better if we make positive changes .

Bestwishes , m
Old 01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Finally, a keyboard that I can type on! Lovely to see everyone on here. I see Louise is buying a new umbrella. I would rather be in London with a new umbrella than here in Chicago without one...after enduring almost a week of sub zero temperatures and a foot of snow it is pouring rain today. And I don't have an umbrella. I will be soaked and frozen by the time I get to my train. But it is Friday and I can change into my pajamas and make some coffee after picking up the kids from my parents' house. Maybe my mom will feed us.

I don't see any cooking plans listed yet. Olive isn't roasting a pork butt this weekend. I did one earlier in the week and need to come up with some ideas for the massive quantities of leftovers. Coincidentally our newspaper's cooking section had some suggestions on Wednesday. I'll have to dig it out.

Sober is better and I love this thread. I saw people drinking beer on the train yesterday and today - on their way to a hockey game. Made my stomach churn to see. I cannot now imagine having that slightly off kilter feeling you first get after having one drink before drowning yourself in the rest case/six pack/bottle of wine, etc. Yuck!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Took the organic chicken out of the freezer yesterday. Have not decided what to do with it yet.
Chocolate chip cookies on the agenda to give away to the guy who will be cutting my hair on Sunday.

(PS. Go Seahawks!!!)
Old 01-10-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Rough Week but worked out....Today is 30days...Feeling like Monday gonna be 33...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwww
Old 01-10-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey Marius, sorry its being a rough Friday for you. I think its great that you are reaching out to SR folks and letting us know how you feel. I think tonight would be a good time to curl up in bed and watch a funny movie with a cup of tea.

Also, I wouldnt let rude people get to you in the workplace. No matter where you go there will always be that one person that just doesn't seem to like you for no good reason. Just don't take it personal and know that you are worth more than the way they want you to feel. Congratulations on day 10.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I'm here for another sober weekend! Got some house projects lined up. Replaced all my smoke alarms today (been in the house seven years and have had one of the originals fail so seemed like a wise thing to do), installing an ecobee thermostat system tomorrow and building a new office PC. Lots to keep me busy for sure!

Marius, sorry to hear about the nasty people at work. As newhope said above, sometimes people just don't like you and treat you badly for no real reason. I worked with a woman who absolutely hated me and I never gave her a reason for it. She is no longer there but for a couple of years she made it rather unpleasant for me. Hang in there and good call on deciding to stay sober!

Hang in there everyone! We can do this!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Coming to the end of my sober Friday night and feeling so happy I will wake up fresh and hangover free tomorrow! :-)
Old 01-10-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hey Marius, hang in there. The first 2 weeks were the worst for me (emotionally). My moods/emotions were all over the place and I drove my husband nuts. But it does get better. Don't be too hard on yourself. 10 days is awesome!!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Still staying strong. How's everyone else doing??
Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForMe423 View Post
No drinking here tonight! Me and hubby are drinking tea and watching TV in comfy clothes. Fine with me!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm cuddled up with a cup of tea, my laptop, and my PJs on already. Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow! Day 16 done.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I ore the movieent to the movies tonight to see American Hustle. Good movie but there was a LOT of drinking. Before the movie went out to dinner and there too was a lot of drinking around me. Glad to be back at home and more in control over my personal environment. Trying to get the whole drinking thing off my mind. Narrating it here was a good start
Old 01-10-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Free HBO and MAX this weekend!
Yippee!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Soberclover...GREAT JOB STAYING ON THE RIGHT PATH!

ArcticSA and Odelle-I'm visiting with my mom for a few days and we are in our pjs with tea watching tv also

Thanks for responding <3
Old 01-10-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Olive1-I'm jealous! Lol. Try watching a whole season of a series on HBO on demand! I personally love Game of Thrones!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Olive1-I'm jealous! Lol. Try watching a whole season of a series on HBO on demand! I personally love Game of Thrones!
OMG! Good idea! I have been wanting to see Game of Thrones!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

In for the count

we have a heat wave here in Chicago at more than freezing... a nearly 50 degree rise over Monday. My wish for the weekend and the weekenders is that it be internally warm, spiritually fulfilling and minus spirits!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Currently at work and doing fine but I find my mind wandering to drinking. I always drink when I get home after work on Fridays but tonight is going to be different. Still trying to figure out a plan for when I get home though.

Last edited by newhope01; 01-10-2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Syntax
Old 01-10-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Staying strong as well. The first month of weekends was the hardest. Now that I have a few months under my belt, my routine of drinking from Friday at 5 PM non-stop until Sunday night is starting to feel like a distant memory. It's nice leaving work and not having that voice telling me I have to take route B home instead of route A so I can stop by the liquor store. Glad to have that voice mostly silenced!

Glad to hear you are staying strong as well!