Notices

Having a Blah Day

Old 01-09-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today has been a weird day. Super productive at work but I woke up tired. Ate a fast food lunch which didn't help matters at all. Lethargic is the word that really describes my mood all day. I feel like a long nap but I've gotta watch the kids tonight so I'm powering through it. Anyone have tips other than B vitamins to help boost energy? Caffeine seems to help but makes me jittery... And obviously eating right will help too.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Depending in how long you have been sober it's normal I think to lag a bit in the first weeks. Today might just be a bad one for you.

You already have the solution about eating right. Try to eat 8-10 fruit and vegetables per day and some protein.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's normal to feel tired and 'blah' in early recovery. Take good care of your health and this should pass.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's been 26 days since my last drink and I just feel it come in cycles. But today was all day of being tired. I'm gonna try and exercise while watching the kids but I just don't wanna be up all night. Classic over thinker... Is that in all of us or is it just because we think clearly for the first time in so long?
Old 01-09-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm at 32 days, and freakin tired also. I just sleep early to rest and I don't stress about it. I beat my body for 20 years, I don't blame it for being tired ;-)

I'm giving it another 2 months and if I'm still tired I'll ask my doctor.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Are you working out at all? Is helping me a lot. Gives me more energy and I swear it gives me a clearer head.