Notices

starting over.... again...

Old 01-08-2014, 11:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

starting over.... again...

Hi everyone. I'm Matt, and I'm an alcoholic.. I've posted on here many times, but that was a while back. I quit drinking in August, and made it to November, I think it was 96 days. Once I fell off the wagon, instead of just getting up, continuing with sobriety, I went right back to where I was before I went into 2 weeks of rehab. Anyway, the thing is, it's been almost 2 months of me drinking again, and I'm ready to get going back to sobriety. I felt so much better when I was sober, mentally and physically.. Physically I'm tired all the time again... Mentally, I feel like I'm in a fog again all the time... I'll stop rambling, but I just felt like sharing. I'm ready to get off this crazy train again
Old 01-08-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back and well done for giving sobriety another chance. The more time you have sober the less foggy you will feel. Plenty of good food, rest and fluids will help.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Matt

any ideas yet on what you'll do differently now?

D
Old 01-08-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I really want to try to find some things to fill the time I spent drinking. Maybe some new activities. Things I didn't do the first time around. I've thought about cooking instead of drinking... I love to eat too :p
Old 01-08-2014, 11:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Welcome back Matt. I'm glad you've decided to give sobriety another go. Good idea to find some new hobbies. Yeah, I love cooking too. It's great to be able to be creative with ingredients and express yourself in the kitchen and then have a lovely meal to sit down to at the end! Maybe you can try cooking different cuisines from around the world?
Old 01-08-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do love trying foods of different cultures..
Old 01-08-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back! You can do this and just think of how much better you'll feel when you're out of the "fog". That's the thing about stopping for awhile and then going back to it. The physical symptoms and lack of mental clarity you know are because of the alcohol and that if you stop, they'll go away and you'll get your old happy and clear self back!!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done on coming back and your recent period of sobriety. Can you learn from your relapse? What caused it after 96 days? Can you avoid the same next time? You have proven you can string some sober days together so now is the time to build on it and to make this year one to remember!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! I'm glad you're giving it another go.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back Matt! I slipped to over Chritsmas after quitting more or less when you did last year, but luckily I puklled myself up after a week and a bit.

Do you have a plan other than to 'give sobriety another go'? How about using a 'method' - AA or SOS or AVTR? Seems to me that people using a model of one sort or another are more successful in quitting. Personally I go to AA and after a few months of resisting that approach I find I am beginning to get real benefits from it.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I am glad you have decided to call it a day again. Cooking is a great release for me too, I also love eating it x