Notices

Update

Old 01-08-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Hi, apologies for not posting an update sooner.

I have been trying to tapper off with limited success. I say limited because I haven't gone a big binge, but I have had a binge. Anyway i saw my counselor yesterday and I am due to have a detox, starting Monday. The plan is to then see psychiatrist, do an outpatient rehab programme and probably a inpatient one once the funding is cleared.

My counselor believes I have suffered a nervous breakdown a number of years back which has been untreated. All this hasn't been helped recently by the ending of the relationship with my girlfriend - I can't blame her and she does deserve better, but its not good hearing that you contribute nothing and that she wants someone who is on her "level" - that will be difficult the amount of money she is on.

Anyway I just wanted to make a post. I want to get through this, but I know that I need to start feeling better about myself.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think all that sounds like a good move Number1

D
Old 01-08-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Hope you can begin healing. Don't fall for the tapering off lie. Once your mind "thinks that you can handle drinking" the way others do, twill be right back to where you are now. It's not worth it; give sobriety a shot. Life's even better being sober & serene
Old 01-09-2014, 12:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

All the best to you though I can't help but feel that any nervous breakdown one has is not helped by drinking - in the sense I assume of using alcohol as a sort of self medication. I'm not judging you of course and I can't know your circumstances in detail from one short post.

My drinking picked up following a bout of cannabis induced psychosis in my early 20s. It was an awful experience and went unrecognised at the time as such. I was prescribed benzos, on which I got hooked and then cold turkeyed and following which I 'calmed' myself every night with alcohol. That then became a lifelong addiction whic created my alcoholism.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you start feeling better about yourself soon.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good luck and geting underlying problems sorted is a great idea x