Notices

Relapse and recovery

Old 01-08-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse and recovery

Hi guys, if there's anyone there who could help i would be gratefull, been using all king of drugs since the age of 11 for a total of 23 years with addiction, and i can say i'm getting tired with the fight but there's something outhere that keeps me standing up and wanting to fight the fight all over again, it might be my wife or baby girl.
I went to rehab, been on subutex but i always find myself relapsing, i could stop on subutex for 3 years when the date came to stop the subutex i relapsed my drug of choice was heroine and crack but now i know the subutex wont help me coz i'm relapsing on coke and crack.
i went to rehab for 10 month program stayed sober for 11 month at the end i relapsed.
my last relapse was on new year's eve for 2 days on coke and crack but i'm getting really tired, out of solutions i was posting on my wife's account she's the one who found this site but i created a new account so i could get a bit of privacy.
well this is my 7th day of sobriety and it's really hard but i already did it and i know i could do it all over again.
I'm proud of myself coz i had a peace of weed which i threw yesterday, i want nothing to do with any kind of drugs
what should i do???
in my country we have no na meeting no help programs we only have rehabs which lack the know how and experience, with what i know about addiction and the books i have read i dont think i could get the right help from them.
So please anyone out there i need your support and help
Thanks for your time
Old 01-08-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ramsis View Post
in my country we have no na meeting no help programs we only have rehabs which lack the know how and experience, with what i know about addiction and the books i have read i dont think i could get the right help from them.
So please anyone out there i need your support and help
Thanks for your time
Hey there -- sorry you're struggling, but you have come to the right place for ABUNDANT support and encouragement and advice!

Just thought I'd provide this link to online NA meetings. In addition to reading and posting here at SR, maybe these meetings will help you too?

http://na-recovery.org/Narcotics_Ano..._Schedule.html

Please stay strong and stick around!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for your support, i appreciate it, i'm checking the online NA meetings
once again thanks
Old 01-08-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you are NOT alone, even though you feel like it. So glad you have your wife's support. We are here, too.... good job looking for help and support....
Please hang on to your desire to NOT use....
Old 01-08-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Ramsis

I think pretty much all the help you can get in real life is available online too. NA and SMART meetings are certainly available online, you will be able to get an online sponsor, and don't forget that it only takes two people to start a meeting. Maybe you could start your own. It obviously sounds like they are needed in your area. A lot of people us SR as their main support too, you could join the Class of January thread for ongoing support. I think that is the key to making it long term x
Old 01-08-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You'll find lots of support here. I'm glad you found us and joined the family.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Ramsis

why not join our January support thread?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-17.html
D
Old 01-08-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Ramsis! You found a friendly and helpful place - we all care and understand how you feel. Please stay with us and keep posting.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Ramsis, Welcome, Day 7, that's great.

Rehabs are great as well, if they give us nothing else they give us a respite from our addictions and time to get comfortable with ourselves alcohol and drug free.

IMO Our Mindset will get us out of this cycle of destruction.
If your mindset is to be finished with drugs forever, than everything you do from this time forward is actioning toward that goal.

Lots of changes have to take place and it takes time and it is a process but the fundamental thing is that with a mindset to be drug free all your actions are to achieve that.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ramsis View Post

well this is my 7th day of sobriety and it's really hard but i already did it and i know i could do it all over again.
that's one thing that helped me to stay clean and sober this time around
I knew that I had some sober time before
I had almost three years twice
I just wanted to get to that point in time again
felt good when I did
keeping the past fresh on my mind
helps me to stay sober today
I don't wish to ever return to the pit of addiction

Mountainman
Old 01-08-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ramsis,

We truly are the Masters of the Universe.

We need only to believe it.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My 8th Day and it feels great

thanks for all your support it really helps... knowing that there are people out there with the same problem fighting the same fight and having the same feelings... well thank you all...
this is my 8th day and it feels great but a little depressing knowing that i have to start counting all over again!!!! everytime i use my brain is reset and all my addictive thinking is back again even if it was one line, that's the way it is hard but true!!!
i'm thinking of accupuncture, it might give me the push i need to pass the first 2 month drug free... any comments????
i'm having alot of mixed feelings, a part of me is tired and the other one wants to live, one part wants to use and the other one needs to be free,
I know we all have the biggest problem "addiction".... how hard it is and how painfull it could be,
my wife is depressed and i'm the reason!!
One problem i'm facing, i work as an insurance broker/consultant so i have alot of cash in my hands on a daily basis sometimes i get the silliest idea of taking that cash and going to the dealer but i keep on fighting and saying no to my addiction...
thanks everyone for being here...