Notices

Starting over after 12years of sobriety

Old 01-08-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome. I had eight and blew it. This site has been very helpful to me in staying sober this time around.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It takes me a long time to open up to strangers, I don't feel comfortable sharing some details of my life with a group and therefore don't feel I can be totally honest, and from my experience with AA, I feel that some really don't take their recovery seriously, relapse every other day, and feel that the group is actually enabling them by telling them it's ok.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Btonbill View Post
It takes me a long time to open up to strangers, I don't feel comfortable sharing some details of my life with a group and therefore don't feel I can be totally honest, and from my experience with AA, I feel that some really don't take their recovery seriously, relapse every other day, and feel that the group is actually enabling them by telling them it's ok.
have you tried different groups -- i have been to some TERRIBLE meetings ... and some i loved .. you dont have to share with anyone ... i guess my problem is i want people to be sober and i know what worked for me- soi am bias ..

but frankly (to me) it doesnt seem like the therapist did much for your drinking either... :/

i am glad youre hear - we can get through this.
YOU can get through this.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome back. I had a near beer at 16 years, obsessed mentally for the next 3, then started drinking the real thing again. It wasn't worse for me the second time around either, but stopping was much harder than the first time. I'll have two years again tomorrow BTW. You can stay sober. Have faith.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

You can do it again. Welcome x