Notices

Back with a heavy heart

Old 01-09-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks lind and I0AA2

I've decided to add to my 'plan' list...

6. Get rid of my drinking/smoking sofa

It's a tatty old 2 seater thing out the back which serves no purpose other than propping up me, laptop, wine and ashtray. Removing it will no doubt go towards removing some of the habitual side for me. I don't smoke in other rooms and am wanting to cut that out too eventually - hopefully can get it tipped this weekend
Old 01-09-2014, 11:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Good idea
Old 01-09-2014, 11:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning day 4 Well I must have slept as I can remember my bonkers dreams - badly redecorating my neighbours caravan in Bournemouth, dating Eminem who was staying onsite - the usual!

Will tag onto the weekend thread a bit later, I'm not too worried about tonight, projecting fowards to a 5 year olds bday party tomorrow morning - not good with a hangover!

Have a great day!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Checking in quickly, typing one fingered. Carpal tunnel flared up again last night, in quite a lot of 'nervy' pain, luckily I know from experience that alcohol does nothing to relieve it so not tempted.

Took DD to the bday party earlier, had nice time chatting to a new 'mum' friend, enjoyed seeing her running round with her new classmates/friends.

Dinner and bed for both of us now - day 5 done
Old 01-11-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5 Max. Onwards & Upwards. Hope you sleep well
Old 01-12-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Congrats on day 5 Max. Onwards & Upwards. Hope you sleep well
Morning! Terrible sleep due to pain, awake at 12 and 4 for paracetomol which isn't touching it. I actually broke it in May in the clumsiest trip over own feet sober incident ever! First time have been in pain since, thought breaking it had fixed it lol.

Anyway no good moaning, will get to the chemist instead

Have a great day - blimmin freezing here!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
jkb

Hi MTN-

I really hope you keep up with your thread. I love reading about your progress. Sorry your in pain but soooo happy to have you back. ( I know I already said that once...) Anyway, I really like your plan and might I add I happened to move about 5 months into being sober leaving behind a ton of triggers so I get what your saying about the sofa. Get rid of it.

We all have a tough time with change I think...hell I drank one night a few months back. Your user name is perfect.... it is your time if you choose it to be.

Hugs,
Jess

Jess
Old 01-12-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning Jess, nice to see.

To mytimenow, good going on day 5! I can relate to smoking sofa. I moved recently, and I am in the process of cleaning everything I am transferring to new digs because it all smelled like cigarette smoke. Not smoking in new place.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks Jess, your support means a lot to me

Didn't get anything physical done today due to wrist, got some hardcore ibuprofen though and that seems to be doing the trick. We ate like pigs (ok I did ) played games and then did homework with DD - draw a picture of how you get to school - this is you Mummy with a big fat tummy...

Bedtime here... have decided to post my musings/wafflings everyday so stay tuned to be bored lol. Hope all is good with you, look forwards to catching up xx
Old 01-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

5.45am, day 8 - time for tea
Old 01-13-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning MTN ,
just off out the door but seeing your post and thread up , though i'd wish you well b4 i go .

L8r, m
Old 01-13-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thanks m, have a great day!

Yesterday was a bit pants for me, no internet no tv - grrr virgin media (if you're reading Mr Branson...) I actually got quite antsy... solved that by taking kids to McDonald's and consuming probably 2000 calories of crap in one sitting - not the best but it did the trick! Got in bed about 6.30 with DD and film, she conked out, I did some reading and followed suit.

Feeling a bit anxious this morning, have to go to my 2 least favourite places later - town and the job centre... must keep anxiety in check and remember it's just normal (well for me) anyway it's not anxiety it's excitement... right?!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Have just been out to do my recycling, managed to have a chuckle at myself and my previous paranoid stacking system - box 1 glass (bottles) on top hiding that - box 2 plastic (mixer bottles) hiding those - box 3 cardboard ready meals at the bottom, healthy cereal boxes at the top.

Blimmin hard work (mentally) that was! Have just chucked it all in this week. I feel like standing outside winking at passers by pointing to my pasta and coffee jars... yeah check those out!!

Oh dear better get in the shower, on a bit of a hyper one this morning
Old 01-13-2014, 11:18 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 8 Max
I remember the recycling tricks I used to do to
Have a good day
Old 01-13-2014, 11:50 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

You too RAL

Silly really re the recycling, it's not like it's the first time I've been here.

Got on the scales this morning 2lb on Hardly surprising though, I have been shovelling it in a bit this week...

Might actually get my new gym kit that arrived out of the packet this week
Old 01-13-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Morning Max. It's great that you'll continue to keep us updated on this thread. I love reading your updates! You're anything but boring.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:33 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hiya Mtn :-)
Congrats on getting rid of that sofa ( trigger ) great idea x
Don't worry about the food aspect and " shovelling it in" .

Getting yourself of booze is the best thing you can do , the rest will take care of itself later .

I'm 6 months sober and have put on a few kilos . But it was a trade off i was prepared to take to get off the grog.

I'm addressing that now , with lots of walking and not eating so much crap.

Get yourself in the right headspace first , it will all fall into place later .

Good for you
Old 01-14-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thanks SnoozyQ and lol Louise, I'm sure hyper days could soon get boring... Had a lovely time chatting here though - which was supposed to be a serious thread! http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-ok-hyper.html

All calm now, had spaghetti carbonbarbara (as DD calls it) for dinner, she's asleep now and eldest is out so just going to whack everything needed for a chilli con carne in the slow cooker and head to bed.

Oh.. and... *whispers* Have been accepted into the local SMART meet this Thurs 1-2.30pm. Whispering as last time it all went wrong after a big announcement lol!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Effed up wrist again opening a tin of kidney beans Hyper no more. Night x
Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Glad to see you back MTN! Sometimes it takes several attempts for it to stick. The fact that you're back and attacking it again shows your dedication to make a change!