SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Here I am again!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/318698-here-i-am-again.html)

katy40 01-06-2014 12:46 PM

Here I am again!!

Hi, I've tried everything AA, cognitive behavioural, just thought id made a breakthrough with Allen Carr yet again i fail :(

safe2breathe 01-06-2014 12:48 PM

well - wont kill you to try again -- may kill ya if ya dont though.
i am glad you are here. It took me quite a few tries before getting it right ...
or at least close enough -- maybe give it another go ???

GreekGuy 01-06-2014 12:50 PM

No such thing as a fail, if you always try. Life is the way it is. We get knocked down and back up again... happens to the best of us. So never say fail, say "try again".... :-)
Let the fall bring you to better heights when you get up.

KateL 01-06-2014 12:51 PM

Just keep trying. It took me many attempts xxx

hayley86 01-06-2014 12:58 PM

Welcome katy40, keep trying. There is lots of support here. Glad you have joined us. :)

doggonecarl 01-06-2014 01:04 PM

Welcome to SR. Perhaps we can be of help.

I had a lot of failures. Looking back, I think confused "trying" with "effort." With me, half-hearted attempts yielded half-hearted results. This last time, I'm all in. One hundred percent committed to staying sober.

mecanix 01-06-2014 01:19 PM

Hey Katy ,
when you come to the next crossroads, you'll begin to understand the signs . Change only happens if we are persistent especially during those times when we get it wrong .

Look out for the signs that you missed last time , keep on tenaciously reaching out and getting the support of SR , AA , life ring , anything that can help fill your mind with recovery. spend time with people who seem comfortable in their own recovery and live a good life .

When i was learning to walk, i fell over a lot, i didn't just lay there flat on my back and give up , get up get on with living your life as best you can , keep on :You_Rock_

Bestwishes, m

Dee74 01-06-2014 01:25 PM

Hi Katy - welcome :)
I don't believe quitting is beyond any of us :)

I think it comes down to making major changes in our life, finding the right support - and using that support when we get in trouble.

You'll find a lot of support and ideas here :)

D

PurpleKnight 01-06-2014 01:50 PM

Dust off, chin up and go at it again, you'll get there!! :)

least 01-06-2014 02:33 PM

Welcome to SR! I'm glad you found us and joined the family. You'll find that this is a very friendly and supportive site. :hug:

Hevyn 01-06-2014 02:35 PM

Katy - I tried many times over the years. We have to be ready. I was finally so disgusted with myself that I found SR and gave it a serious try. It worked. I'm glad you're here - you can definitely do this.